Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

sedati

Just to confuse the timelines even further, take a look at this photo from Bioreconstruct:

DPXUmwBVAAA3Zae.jpg:large

To the left of the tunnel/cave we can see rockwork chips already being applied for where the Resistance hideout with the X and A wings will be. It may not be as impressive, but this is an area that Orlando has passed California in developing.

GlacierGlacier

Just to confuse the timelines even further, take a look at this photo from Bioreconstruct:

To the left of the tunnel/cave we can see rockwork chips already being applied for the area that will be the Resistance hideout where the X and A wings will be. It may not be as impressive, but this is an area that Orlando has passed California in developing.
I don't know, California's equivalent was the renno of Big Thunder Trail, and that's been done and open for months. Not to mention we can't actually see the inside portion of SWL at Disneyland at ground level, so it's hard to compare this tiny bit of rockwork.

sedati

I don't know, California's equivalent was the renno of Big Thunder Trail, and that's been done and open for months. Not to mention we can't actually see the inside portion of SWL at Disneyland at ground level, so it's hard to compare this tiny bit of rockwork.

The Big Thunder Trail is not within Star Wars Land proper, and is on the opposite side (First Order) from where I am talking about. That tunnel has no equivalent as it is the central one and is not being included in Orlando. Do we even know if there's going to be a tunnel on the Toy Story side? The tunnel exterior from the Muppet side looks like it will be done relatively soon.

Anyway, yes, this is a hard spot to see in Anaheim, but the concrete walls are visible and as yet I've seen no steel supports that are the first stage to placing the rockwork on them. Again, it's a very minor difference, but one in Orlando's favor.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

To the left of the tunnel/cave we can see rockwork chips already being applied for where the Resistance hideout with the X and A wings will be. It may not be as impressive, but this is an area that Orlando has passed California in developing.
It helps this section is part of the DHS specific Grand Av / connector project.

britain

Can't wait to see a picture of the Falcon when it's placed. I might lose it when I do

I'm sure Disney's PR/Social Media team will make a lot out of the placement of the Falcon pieces. That's the sort of thing they'd like to be ahead of the internet chatter on. I wonder if they might even set up some temporary canopy, like a big circus tent, over the Falcon as it's being assembled. Then do a big reveal when it's done.

bclane

I'm sure Disney's PR/Social Media team will make a lot out of the placement of the Falcon pieces. That's the sort of thing they'd like to be ahead of the internet chatter on. I wonder if they might even set up some temporary canopy, like a big circus tent, over the Falcon as it's being assembled. Then do a big reveal when it's done.
I hope that’s what they do. I honestly don’t want to see the Falcon being built but I won’t be able to stop myself from looking at the pics once it starts. I just want to see it sitting there fully realized so that I can more easily pretend it’s the real thing. Don’t judge me!

Pixieish

I hope that’s what they do. I honestly don’t want to see the Falcon being built but I won’t be able to stop myself from looking at the pics once it starts. I just want to see it sitting there fully realized so that I can more easily pretend it’s the real thing. Don’t judge me!
I'm right there with ya!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom