Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Big thank you to @Magic Feather and @marni1971 for giving us a glimmer of hope that Star Tours has the possibility of exiting into Star Wars Land. I would prefer riding ST first and walking into SWL instead of the tunnel by Grand Avenue. Keep us posted. I'm heading over to DHS to see what's going on. Thanks again.
Don't thank me! I'm still expecting it to be gone within 5-6 years sadly.

britain

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic regarding the overall 'feel' of being transported to another realm. I haven't seen anyone address how they're going to handle the challenge of the dreaded 'Stroller Parking' areas. How do you keep such an armada as unobtrusive as possible?
I don't see any areas in the model. Could they be that well hidden?

I really thought this was going to be stroller parking, but it's looking like they are getting ready to landscape it.

upload_2017-11-21_8-8-41.png

MrPromey

Which is crazy when we all know they're going to have capacity problems with this new land until... something like the end of time.

You would think they'd consider it a gift to already have a fully built attraction that still pulls in guests, is insainly easy to update, and just so happens to perfectly fit the theme of their most anticipated land ever, wouldn't you?

I get that they'd need to work out the "transportation" to and from but if people can ride a conveyor belt to get off Space Mountain, I don't see how this is a problem.

I'm not sentimental over this attraction but I just don't see how they couldn't see this as the obvious way to go.

Sure, I guess they could reskin it as something else and promote it as something new to help fill the park even more beyond what it can handle with new commercials and promotions but... Okay, nevermind. :/

Last edited:

Franklin47disneyguy

I can't believe that there isn't a phase 3 ip land to spread the crowds around the new areas. After Galaxy's edge opens we have like 10 rides in DHS, okay you have the shows and fireworks. But 10 rides for a park that was, even without Star Wars land, already attracting more than 10 million people in 2016. They should build a third Star Wars ride and at least another new land (not a replacement of something else) to the park IMO.

MrPromey

I can't believe that there isn't a phase 3 ip land to spread the crowds around the new areas. After Galaxy's edge opens we have like 10 rides in DHS, okay you have the shows and fireworks. But 10 rides for a park that was, even without Star Wars land, already attracting more than 10 million people in 2016. They should build a third Star Wars ride and at least another new land (not a replacement of something else) to the park IMO.

I was there over the weekend with my son. He's still too young for the big thrill rides.

We did Star Tours, gasped at the wait for TMM and then went over to Epcot to cash in one valuable fastpass (Test Track) and one that we booked because it was there (Spaceship Earth).

I know there will be more for him to do as the two new lands come online and the new Mickey ride eventually opens but then this little park will just be busting at the seams with crazy wait times.

Nevermind that they're replacing a relatively long ride (GMR) with something that I'm sure will end up being only a couple of minutes in length.

It ends up feeling like a net loss when you spend so much more time waiting in line for attractions that are over so much more quickly. I don't know the solution to this worsening problem there but it seems like even another new land won't fix it when that'll just drive more crowds to the park. (kind of like the classic Magic Kingdom problem)

Last edited:

Franklin47disneyguy

It ends up feeling like a net loss when you spend so much more time waiting in line for attractions that are over so much more quickly. I don't know the solution to this worsening problem there but it seems like even another new land won't fix it when that'll just drive more crowds to the park. (kind of like the classic Magic Kingdom problem)

So the only solution would be a new park in the end.

shortstop

I like the direction the park is taking to create more of a spoke design. For this reason I would assume that they will at some point use Animation Court and the backstage areas for another expansion - one that ties together the dead end on Sunset Blvd.
This would be a great place to build a Mickey attraction! I wonder if they’d ever do that.

Oh, right...

HauntedMansionFLA

Cool pics man. We’re headed over there a little later today to take some pics of our own. Currently dying in the line for the rockering rolley coaster though. It’s packed today!
Yep, I’m people watching today. Once they open Pu
Cool pics man. We’re headed over there a little later today to take some pics of our own. Currently dying in the line for the rockering rolley coaster though. It’s packed today!
im people watching today. I might try to go up to the second floor at Muppets PizzeRizzo outside. You could get a good view of SWL.

bclane

Yep, I’m people watching today. Once they open Pu

im people watching today. I might try to go up to the second floor at Muppets PizzeRizzo outside. You could get a good view of SWL.
Yeah I have family here for the holiday or i’d just be people watching too lol! I’ll definitely try and get upstairs for some pics. Thanks for the reminder!

AEfx

I can't find your original post (you've been posting up a storm - love it LOL), but if that's indeed true - I knew it, LOL.

There just was no way they were going to close it when they are going to have unprecedented hordes of folks coming just for Star Wars.

I'll take another half-decade at least over closing after GE opens. It's a start. :)

GlacierGlacier

Just another heads up that the wonderful Bioreconstruct is giving us more to be thankful for over on his twitter page.

Though it's a bit behind its west coast sibling, it's still nice to get views like this that the trackers there just can't get:
DPXR9yoUQAAQg2L.jpg:large
I'm always amazed by how huge these showbuildings are. Each look to be bigger in volume than Pandora's, and that one holds two rides (to be fair, one's a simulator).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom