Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magic Feather

does that mean there is a chance of star tours surviving post galaxy edge opening? I thought it was definite that the ride was to be re-themed?
Eh. Short Term after opening 80% staying ST. A year or two or three later, those odds shift to about 20% chance of staying. A part of which involves whether the connection gets built (unlikely, but would boost odds of it staying exponentially) and whether the plan is pushed through or keeps getting pushed back ala Stitch.

RSoxNo1

So during the D23 Expo, Trowbridge seemingly described the Cantina restaurant and also the "finest dinner club". My recollection was that these were described as two separate experiences. Is it safe to assume I misunderstood that and the Cantina is the "Finest dinner club" with the quick service being the Pod Racer engine concept art with indoor and outdoor seating?

Rteetz

So during the D23 Expo, Trowbridge seemingly described the Cantina restaurant and also the "finest dinner club". My recollection was that these were described as two separate experiences. Is it safe to assume I misunderstood that and the Cantina is the "Finest dinner club" with the quick service being the Pod Racer engine concept art with indoor and outdoor seating?
Blueprint02.jpg

c-one

Batuu sounds like Naboo, and it kind of looks like Naboo, so maybe that's where the name comes from. I'm a batuu ask someone who might know.

Also, continuity is nice for all the movie geeks out there, but for your average guest it means no characters like Darth Vader. What is a Star Wars land without Darth Vader? Or Yoda? I think they are catering a bit heavily to a minority that'll visit anyway. If they have to justify it, say that dead characters can be temporarily revived on Batuu by some mystical chemicals in its atmosphere. Label something "canon" and it's all good and true.

I think it would make the land more successful. I'll duck and cover.
For better or worse, that timeline jumping, continuity wrecking thing is what happened already with Star Tours 2.0, and now they're at least temporarily going away from that for Star Tours 2.2 to promote Last Jedi/SWL. I've no idea what general guest reaction has been. Not sure which approach is more fan servicey, either, though I guess that depends if you define fan as general casual Star Wars fan or a member of the 501st.

Bacon

Wanna go pod dining?

EricsBiscuit

Two things: I think there won't be crossing because it might take too long. I think that it will be like JTTCOTE where there's a little simulator pre show element among other pre show elements. Also, I think that the cantina will be serving alcohol because they do at MK, and because they do at Club 33.

PorterRedkey

In my opinion, this will be like a Linear Pandora, if FoP were where the Non-restaurant Bathrooms are, and NRJ was between Pongu and Satu'li. By that, I mean it will be a long, winding path through a wood-ish area, with a small outpost (Alcatraz entrance and unlikely but potential ST exit) before continuing into the main civilized/village hub, where almost everything else, from Falcon, to Cantina, to Pod Engine Grill, to Build a Light$abre, to the See and Buy Space Junk Experience (the original name of Galaxy's Edge), and then the exit to the immersive experience that was compared to Carsland. Also, for those who have seen Star Tours's new ending, it ends adjacent to the restaurant adjacent to Falcon. The one I like to call Pod Engine Grill because, well...
Ground level view of the SW:GE model at DHS:
IMG_0985 edit.jpg

Close up:
IMG_0985 edit (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0985 edit (2).jpg
    IMG_0985 edit (2).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

JediMasterMatt

Good to hear thanks. Had visions of people saying "Oh do we get off now Brad, I don't know if I feel like walking here. Think I'll just wait and see if they let me stay on?"

It's the transportation from the planet/Star Destroyer that caused all the getting in and out confusion with MiceChat. As Obi-Wan would say: what they told you was true, from a certain point of view. The actual "ride" part of the attraction is certainly when you are already on board the Destroyer; but, the actual attraction starts the scene before and your trip to the main event.

Re: the size compared to Pandora and the Potter Lands. On paper, the amount of space being used is very big; but, remember - the land has two big E-tickets and they take up considerable space. The actual guest accessible areas should feel bigger than Pandora as they are more akin to Diagon Alley for the most part with lots of nooks and crevices to get lost in. GE will feel more vertical than horizontal just from the closer sightlines. Pandora is really odd in that there are a bunch of intentional obstructions to hide the overall size of the guest areas or lack there of. Before visiting, I was really excited to wander around with a wide angle lens; but, in actuality - there's only a few places you can really take it all in. I had to resort to stitching together a few panoramas.

I'll wager that Cars Land will still take the cake when it comes to the new lands for having the more epic panorama. It greatly benefits from the two long mostly straight views from entering it from down the main street or via the arch.

bclane

It's the transportation from the planet/Star Destroyer that caused all the getting in and out confusion with MiceChat. As Obi-Wan would say: what they told you was true, from a certain point of view. The actual "ride" part of the attraction is certainly when you are already on board the Destroyer; but, the actual attraction starts the scene before and your trip to the main event.

Re: the size compared to Pandora and the Potter Lands. On paper, the amount of space being used is very big; but, remember - the land has two big E-tickets and they take up considerable space. The actual guest accessible areas should feel bigger than Pandora as they are more akin to Diagon Alley for the most part with lots of nooks and crevices to get lost in. GE will feel more vertical than horizontal just from the closer sightlines. Pandora is really odd in that there are a bunch of intentional obstructions to hide the overall size of the guest areas or lack there of. Before visiting, I was really excited to wander around with a wide angle lens; but, in actuality - there's only a few places you can really take it all in. I had to resort to stitching together a few panoramas.

I'll wager that Cars Land will still take the cake when it comes to the new lands for having the more epic panorama. It greatly benefits from the two long mostly straight views from entering it from down the main street or via the arch.
I admit I’m now more confused about the getting off and back on part than I thought I was before. People aren’t actually getting off halfway through the ride only to re-board later right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom