Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sure. Everyone else is saying DHS will be six to twelve months behind DLR but him. What does @jt04 know that no one else knows about the two projects?

You know him well enough, he doesn't know anything, it will just be some wild crackpot theory, and the fact that he didn't just come out and say it means he is trying to bait people into a inane debate.

HauntedMansionFLA

You know him well enough, he doesn't know anything, it will just be some wild crackpot theory, and the fact that he didn't just come out and say it means he is trying to bait people into a inane debate.
I know. I was just trying to get the topic back on Star Wars by posting the pictures from Bioreconstruct. All you have to do is just go over to the DLR thread to see the videos on the progression of the SWL construction. Good stuff.
No debate from me. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know. I was just trying to get the topic back on Star Wars by posting the pictures from Bioreconstruct. All you have to do is just go over to the DLR thread to see the videos on the progression of the SWL construction. Good stuff.
No debate from me. :)

I was just watching a recent video and I have never seen so many construction vehicles moving at the same time on a Disney construction site before.

HauntedMansionFLA

I was just watching a recent video and I have never seen so many construction vehicles moving at the same time on a Disney construction site before.
I know. They are trying to get SOA and the new route for the railroad up and running ASAP. I don't have any construction experience but it's fun to watch the progress and gives us an idea what will happen at DHS.
They will have to build above ground at DHS?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know. They are trying to get SOA and the new route for the railroad up and running ASAP. I don't have any construction experience but it's fun to watch the progress and gives us an idea what will happen at DHS.

They don't have to go entirely above ground, Cat Canyon had a pretty good sized pit under it so they land there must be high enough to allow for some excavation.

jt04

If I wanted to do something like that I would claim you work for the mouse and are here to control info and discredit me. But that would be silly.

jt04

This. Sightlines are critical at Disneyland whereas at WDW Studios it is not as important. They are "sinking" elements at Disneyland. Bringing construction timelines closer together potentially.

Thank you.......... frrrrrrrreshBAKED!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If I wanted to do something like that I would claim you work for the mouse and are here to control info and discredit me. But that would be silly.

Wow, I must have touched a nerve if you are now trying to discredit me. I am not a moderator so I have no way of controlling information, I can only provide counter points so people who might now know better can see both sides.

jt04

Wow, I must have touched a nerve if you are now trying to discredit me. I am not a moderator so I have no way of controlling information, I can only provide counter points so people who might now know better can see both sides.

Oh. Okay. Gotta go.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This. Sightlines are critical at Disneyland whereas at WDW Studios it is not as important. They are "sinking" elements at Disneyland. Bringing construction timelines closer together potentially.

Thank you.......... frrrrrrrreshBAKED!

Sinking elements won't add that much to the construction timeline since if you build up you then need to raise the surrounding land so that you end up with the same result.

jt04

Sinking elements won't add that much to the construction timeline since if you build up you then need to raise the surrounding land so that you end up with the same result.

That "swimming pool" is taking forever and may not be the only one. But yeah, keep telling yourself that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So we're under three years? Awesome! Seems ambitious by Disney's recent standards! How much before that will the Disneyland version open? Does that put Toy Story Land in 2018?
TSL was always 2018.

Remember these dates can change. Weather can have a huge impact. But these are the dates being aimed for. SWL DHS is still currently behind.

roj2323

They don't have to go entirely above ground, Cat Canyon had a pretty good sized pit under it so they land there must be high enough to allow for some excavation.

That was a wet pit for the water pumps so it really didn't matter if water wicked into the pit. The new building will be a different story however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom