Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

That's why you set it up so that multiple projects open in relatively quick succession :)
Correct:
Disney Spring - 2017 (completely done)
Toy Story Land - 2018
Star Wars Land - 2019
Rumored Mickey Mouse Ride - 2019
GotG rumored ride - 2020 (either EPCOT or dare I say ToT location)
Wreck it Ralph rumored Ride to the MK

Lots of stuff coming - I'm sure I left out a bunch of stuff.

Mike S

Correct:
Disney Spring - 2017 (completely done)
Toy Story Land - 2018
Star Wars Land - 2019
Rumored Mickey Mouse Ride - 2019
GotG rumored ride - 2020 (either EPCOT or dare I say ToT location)
Wreck it Ralph rumored Ride to the MK

Lots of stuff coming - I'm sure I left out a bunch of stuff.
Disney Springs is a mall. I have one near my house. It's about the same level of interest. The Disney name doesn't make it special.

Mike S

Wow, your mall has a cirque show, celebrity chefs AND Florida sunshine! I have not heard of this place you speak of.
Just Florida sunshine. If Cirque Du Soleil and celebrity chefs are a major vacation driver for you Las Vegas would be a much better option. The main driver for WDW vacations has and always will be the theme parks. Everything else is just a side extra if you're interested. Most aren't.

DinoInstitute

Just Florida sunshine. If Cirque Du Soleil and celebrity chefs are a major vacation driver for you Las Vegas would be a much better option. The main driver for WDW vacations has and always will be the theme parks. Everything else is just a side extra if you're interested. Most aren't.
Ok, it's not appealing to you, doesn't make it any less of a major project. I'm sure lots of locals made/make trips to check out Disney Springs, and for those on full vacations, it probably wasn't what made them make the trip (as most attractions for most people aren't), but it still was something new and exciting to add to the experience.

Goofyernmost

Its a mall. With a circus on the end.

We have one just like it near here. It's enclosed too. And has palm trees.
In all fairness Marni, those types of situations are few and far between. I have always used the Disney Springs area for a day at Disney that didn't cost me the equivalent amount as my first born did. It has things to do, it has some unique shops even if they all aren't and as you say they have a circus at one end. It is something for tourist to do, inexpensively (if they leave out the circus), something different to see and used by many for an entertainment, lines standing break. I can't tell you how many times I have been there and never bought a single thing in the line of store items. I have spent money on food and odds and ends, but, I very seldom buy anything there. When I do, it is because I don't want to spend my park time in a store. I want the attractions and save one day to go to DS for souvenirs when I do buy something.
Mostly, because I don't stay onsite, I buy my souvenirs at Walmart or Target. Much better price and what I have found to be as good or even better quality then the stuff onsite. Especially on clothing items.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In all fairness Marni, those types of situations are few and far between. I have always used the Disney Springs area for a day at Disney that didn't cost me the equivalent amount as my first born did. It has things to do, it has some unique shops even if they all aren't and as you say they have a circus at one end. It is something for tourist to do, inexpensively (if they leave out the circus), something different to see and used by many for an entertainment, lines standing break. I can't tell you how many times I have been there and never bought a single thing in the line of store items. I have spent money on food and odds and ends, but, I very seldom buy anything there. When I do, it is because I don't want to spend my park time in a store. I want the attractions and save one day to go to DS for souvenirs when I do buy something.
Mostly, because I don't stay onsite, I buy my souvenirs at Walmart or Target. Much better price and what I have found to be as good or even better quality then the stuff onsite. Especially on clothing items.
I'm just still bitter about PI. And the Village Marketplace. Humbug.

Goingdown13

Disney Springs is a mall. I have one near my house. It's about the same level of interest. The Disney name doesn't make it special.

While I see where you're coming from, as an Orlando resident Disney Springs is an incredible addition. It's a much nicer environment than going to Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia is full of stores that no one can actually afford and a cheesecake factory. Disney Springs seems a lot more fun than that.

Also I can walk around with a beer ;)

gmajew

No it does not make it special but it is investment in the property and entertainment and restaurant choices for guest. This should not be given a standing ovation but it is a necessary improvement to what was on site and what the old area became....

Phicinfan

For once PI was just damn good fun!

Though one day I'll do an edit. Theres a lot to talk about.
I gotta admit it, I agree with @marni1971 , 25 years ago my wife and I got married, and spent our second night of our honeymoon at PI at the comedy place. Loved it, had a great time with the improvisational comics and the food was wonderful. Really miss that about Disney now.

Goofyernmost

For once PI was just damn good fun!
Oh, you party animal you! I went there once and stayed long enough to see the Comedy Warehouse and Adventures Club, but, that was the extent of the enjoyment. I must have done that during the time when Eisner's popularity had decreased because the comics at the warehouse were merciless on him. All I could think of was... wow, these guys are going to be unemployed by morning. Oh, yea.. I had a Gyros as well. The rest had no real appeal to me. Hasn't the new concept included clubs in the inventory of things?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom