Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The way I read it before is that would be one of the differences between the two lands. DHS would be "taller."

I am thinking of it like the utilidors at MK. The ulitidors are now underground even though they were built at ground level and then buried. Digging down and building it or building it on the surface and burying it, you end up with the same thing in the end, it's just the method of construction that differs. The other possibility is that the themed buildings will just be taller. Either way I don't think it would allow this element of the land to be build dramatically faster at DHS then at DL>

HauntedMansionFLA

I am thinking of it like the utilidors at MK. The ulitidors are now underground even though they were built at ground level and then buried. Digging down and building it or building it on the surface and burying it, you end up with the same thing in the end, it's just the method of construction that differs. The other possibility is that the themed buildings will just be taller. Either way I don't think it would allow this element of the land to be build dramatically faster at DHS then at DL>
It sounds like the two queues and show buildings are going to be very involved. I'm hopeful that the rumors are correct. Still bitter about losing the third attraction. Is there a possibility more Star Wars pops up somewhere else in DHS. Also, I'm surprised that Star Wars Rebels doesn't have it's own area for the younger crowd with the potential retail possibilities that they could cash in.

Capsin4

How in the world are they planning on getting everyone back on-board in a timely manner before the next vehicle gets there? I call BS on the description of the ride by Micechat. Can you imagine the ride stopping constantly because little jimmy is scared and doesn't want to get back in the vehicle?

Of course, this is assuming that the vehicles stay in order and are isolated from each other. If it's a large space where multiple vehicles are in the battle, they could pass each other or have designated stops for each.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It sounds like the two queues and show buildings are going to be very involved. I'm hopeful that the rumors are correct. Still bitter about losing the third attraction. Is there a possibility more Star Wars pops up somewhere else in DHS. Also, I'm surprised that Star Wars Rebels doesn't have it's own area for the younger crowd with the potential retail possibilities that they could cash in.

They did bring one of the villains from Rebels into Jedi Training Academy, but that is a pretty minor element..

No Name

2013..... Kind of

I said this before, but you are wrong, it was not announced in 2013. They simply put out some boxes to hint at the land. The was no official word from the company, there was no Disney Parks Blog press release. It was a tease, not an announcement.

But regardless, why the heck does it matter how long ago they announced it? The completition date is what matters. Perhaps the date that construction begins matters a bit too. But the announcement date? Not one bit. Does it make any difference if they announce something in 2013 and finish in 2020 or announce it in 2015 and finish in 2020? No. In both cases, it is being finished in 2020.

I'm just glad that it's being built.

Mike S

I said this before, but you are wrong, it was not announced in 2013. They simply put out some boxes to hint at the land. The was no official word from the company, there was no Disney Parks Blog press release. It was a tease, not an announcement.

But regardless, why the heck does it matter how long ago they announced it? The completition date is what matters. Perhaps the date that construction begins matters a bit too. But the announcement date? Not one bit. Does it make any difference if they announce something in 2013 and finish in 2020 or announce it in 2015 and finish in 2020? No. In both cases, it is being finished in 2020.

I'm just glad that it's being built.
Well, in one case it gives the perception that it's taking a very long time to complete. It's the same problem Avatar had with being announced way too early.

DinoInstitute

Well, in one case it gives the perception that it's taking a very long time to complete. It's the same problem Avatar had with being announced way too early.
At the same time though, it really is date of completion that matters... As either you end up with the perception of it taking so long to complete, or the feeling that the parks are just sitting in stagnation with nothing being built to help. Either way it's a lose.

Mike S

At the same time though, it really is date of completion that matters... As either you end up with the perception of it taking so long to complete, or the feeling that the parks are just sitting in stagnation with nothing being built to help. Either way it's a lose.
That's why you set it up so that multiple projects open in relatively quick succession :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom