Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's assuming an 18-second dispatch (from Touring Plans) which to me doesn't seem right.

But checking my math using that data:
There are 3600 seconds in an hour. Divided by 18 seconds gives 200 dispatches per hour. Times 32 passengers per truck is 6400 per hour.

Even if we halve that to one truck dispatch every 36 seconds, that's a theoretical capacity of 3200/hour. Operationally I hesitate to think that's even possible... The second truck in a pair is probably 20-30 seconds behind the first truck, but you don't get a pair of trucks departing the loading dock every 72 seconds, do you?

-Rob
Sorry, you were right. I misunderstood your post.

It's about 6500 an hour assuming 4 guests per row and 9 rows filled. Fastest dispatch into the Savannah from the holding sign (not load) is indeed one jeep every 18 seconds.

Rodan75

It's about 6500 an hour assuming 4 guests per row and 9 rows filled. Fastest dispatch into the Savannah from the holding sign (not load) is indeed one jeep every 18 seconds.

Wouldn't that imply bumper to bumper trucks that move constantly?

roj2323

It's definitely 5 people per row but it's only 8 rows

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
For anyone wondering if found Martin's Disney Research Library lol!

Attachments

• oldtown-library-41x5_9635_1zc3.jpg
    oldtown-library-41x5_9635_1zc3.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 360

Phicinfan

I'm more interested in the new world showcase pavilion! I don't want to get off topic, but I've seen this mentioned in a few different threads now. Is this coming from the insiders (I'm looking at you @marni1971) or is there a thread discussing this?!
@marni1971 mentions some Epcot plans in another thread about Epcot additions. Not sure he said this was green lit, but there are plans for world showcase per him.

Edit to add: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/big-changes-coming-to-epcots-future-world.907522/

Princess Leia

HauntedMansionFLA

Back to Star Wars Land: here are some pictures from Bioreconstruct

Oct 6
bioreconstruct ‏@bioreconstruct
Last block of Street facades still standing at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Oct 6
Due to storm, obscuring screen removed from fencing surrounding all DHS construction. First pic shows parking expansion.

Oct 6

jt04

I do believe I have figured out the major difference between the two Star Wars Lands. Which would also mean the construction timelines are very similar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom