Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Variable

So sad to hear this for several reasons...

1 - Would have been a great way to see what should be a wonderfully themed land...FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY to enjoy.

Define 'entire family'.

I wasn't aware that once my kids, what, didn't need a stroller? Were tall enough to ride anything? We suddenly weren't a family?

What's your beef here? Yes, I'm a bit confused.

HauntedMansionFLA

I wonder if Disney will approach John Williams to write music for this SWL? I think it would be wonderful to hear unique music for this unique universe. Williams is in his 80's and won't be around forever. I kniw it would bring a smile to my face hearing his music played at the parks. You would be able to tell your kids, Grandkids and Great-grand kids that JW was the man would help bring this great franchise alive.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I wonder if Disney will approach John Williams to write music for this SWL? I think it would be wonderful to hear unique music for this unique universe. Williams is in his 80's and won't be around forever. I kniw it would bring a smile to my face hearing his music played at the parks. You would be able to tell your kids, Grandkids and Great-grand kids that JW was the man would help bring this great franchise alive.
Have you noticed in the Soarin queue loop there is a piece or two by JW.

JediMasterMatt

I'm still not clear how the loading/unloading process will work exactly. I think it may work like FJ's disability load/unload with the RV's entering the next open spot in the carousel - "One Little Spark" indeed. .

Mea culpa re: how loading/unloading works. I asked for some clarity on what I saw initially and there is no switch track for the RVs. Any delays in timing should be offset with the animation looping.

For what it's worth, I struggled with understanding how Uni was going to get the Hogwarts Express to work with an semblance of capacity until I actually saw it in action... and that was even after reviewing blueprints. First rule of design in theme parks... Keep It Simple, Stupid. As a practical example of Stupid... let me reference MM+.

britain

Mea culpa re: how loading/unloading works. I asked for some clarity on what I saw initially and there is no switch track for the RVs. Any delays in timing should be offset with the animation looping.

Thanks! Very interesting... So a real, proper omnimover loop. And if loading takes longer for some people rather than others, it won't disrupt an action packed part of the ride. It can simply buffer a little animation loop a longer before your seat belts release and you disembark. Or any non intrusive place they pick.

I'm still worried about the illusion being broken when it's time to step onto the moving platform (either stepping onto the cockpit or onto a hallway that goes to the cockpit). Even if it's amazingly slow, lawyers are going to dictate a nice yellow stripe telling you that you're stepping onto a moving surface.

Hoping for the best, guys! Good luck!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks! Very interesting... So a real, proper omnimover loop. And if loading takes longer for some people rather than others, it won't disrupt an action packed part of the ride. It can simply buffer a little animation loop a longer before your seat belts release and you disembark. Or any non intrusive place they pick.

I'm still worried about the illusion being broken when it's time to step onto the moving platform (either stepping onto the cockpit or onto a hallway that goes to the cockpit). Even if it's amazingly slow, lawyers are going to dictate a nice yellow stripe telling you that you're stepping onto a moving surface.

Hoping for the best, guys! Good luck!
I envisage it being stationary for load and unload. Much like a Ferris wheel loads and unloads.

Once the load doors open or the cabin doors close you shouldn't be aware of the circular motion.

Slowjack

I envisage it being stationary for load and unload. Much like a Ferris wheel loads and unloads.

Once the load doors open or the cabin doors close you shouldn't be aware of the circular motion.
The light bulb just went off for me. I get it now. Yes, that's an interesting approach that could allow a seamless transition from Falcon corridor to Falcon cockpit, while providing for a ride experience that is as long as need be (or, let's face it, as long as budget allows). Neat.

azox

The light bulb just went off for me. I get it now. Yes, that's an interesting approach that could allow a seamless transition from Falcon corridor to Falcon cockpit, while providing for a ride experience that is as long as need be (or, let's face it, as long as budget allows). Neat.

I wonder how many corridors will be created to allow maximum loading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom