Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
DHS is so small though. You'd think it'd be obvious to expand beyond the boundaries eventually, no?

Eventually perhaps. Though remember it's boundary goes up to Buena Vista and across to World Drives. With the Echo Lake theatres not doing much nowerdays, expansion pads behind Indy and the whole Animation complex still not doing much park-like they have plenty of room still.

Next Big Thing

Eventually perhaps. Though remember it's boundary goes up to Buena Vista and across to World Drives. With the Echo Lake theatres not doing much nowerdays, expansion pads behind Indy and the whole Animation complex still not doing much park-like they have plenty of room still.
Very true.

Speaking of theaters, do you know if anything is going to happen to the whole Sounds Dangerous theatre/Hyperion complex of buildings? Neither building really adds much to the park, but at the same time, the location is fairly awkward and I can't really see a ride going there either.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Very true.

Speaking of theaters, do you know if anything is going to happen to the whole Sounds Dangerous theatre/Hyperion complex of buildings? Neither building really adds much to the park, but at the same time, the location is fairly awkward and I can't really see a ride going there either.
Nothing I know of. But hopefully they'll be properly utilised again as people eating, fun theatre attractions.

One day.

Next Big Thing

Nothing I know of. But hopefully they'll be properly utilised again as people eating, fun theatre attractions.

One day.
I know it'll never happen, but i'd love to see DHS get a theatre on par with the Hyperion at DCA and actually put on a top notch live musical instead of these incredibly abridged versions of shows like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

I'd love to see the Tangled musical from the cruise line come to the park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know it'll never happen, but i'd love to see DHS get a theatre on par with the Hyperion at DCA and actually put on a top notch live musical instead of these incredibly abridged versions of shows like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

I'd love to see the Tangled musical from the cruise line come to the park.

There is still mutter of major work being done to Theatre of the Stars. If it'll actually happen I don't know.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

There is still mutter of major work being done to Theatre of the Stars. If it'll actually haooen I don't know.
I believe they still plan to give it the Nemo/Lion King theatre treatment. Why they don't enclose all of the theatres in Florida in the first place is a mystery to me. Most egregious to me was the one and only time I sat in the blazing summer sun waiting for LMA.

sedati

A long time ago there was all this weird talk about how the studios would be expanded, but split on either side of world drive with some sort of tunnel. I think this was back when rock'n roller was going to be a larger Hollywood Hills attraction. I've never seen any artwork depicting this, so I wonder years later if this was just a rumor or seriously considered.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A long time ago there was all this weird talk about how the studios would be expanded, but split on either side of world drive with some sort of tunnel. I think this was back when rock'n roller was going to be a larger Hollywood Hills attraction. I've never seen any artwork depicting this, so I wonder years later if this was just a rumor or seriously considered.

The RCID 2020 plan does say that area has the potential of being used for DHS expansion. There are rumors of a CM parking garage going over there and it's being used for the Fireworks, so it appears they are focusing on using it for support functions for the park and not as a guest area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

There's been blue sky over the years of RnRC crossing World Drive, the park crossing World Drive, guest parking across World Drive, CM parking across World Drive.... most have obviously got no where.

JohnWD

The Orange County Register (California) has a nice slide show with some pictures of SWL construction at DL.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disneyland-724433-disney-land.html

Here are a couple of my photos from today (8/3/2016) at DL - from the Mickey & Friends parking garage.

IMG_3737.png
IMG_3738 (1).png

HauntedMansionFLA

I would have been happy with less theme ing and more rides. I have no problem with Star Tours and how it looks in the outside. 14 acres and two rides with a big budget? Could been five or six rides counting Star Tours.
First version a few back were some spinner rides with the Orange Harvest to this version. The land needs a lot more to do and large capacity. Just my opinion - a huge Star Wars fan.

MagicHappens1971

I would have been happy with less theme ing and more rides. I have no problem with Star Tours and how it looks in the outside. 14 acres and two rides with a big budget? Could been five or six rides counting Star Tours.
First version a few back were some spinner rides with the Orange Harvest to this version. The land needs a lot more to do and large capacity. Just my opinion - a huge Star Wars fan.
I don't know if this is true, but supposedly SWL was planned to have 3 rides, but TDO told TDA they wouldn't pay for it and therefore the 3rd ride was cut from the SWL plans.

WildRide

Moved my last post over to the right thread.... is it too far fetched to hold out hope that an extended exit from star tours would "transport" you to then new star wars land (after the ride is over, you walk through a cue to a back entrance to the land? I'd just hate to see Start Tours leave :(

PorterRedkey

Moved my last post over to the right thread.... is it too far fetched to hold out hope that an extended exit from star tours would "transport" you to then new star wars land (after the ride is over, you walk through a cue to a back entrance to the land? I'd just hate to see Start Tours leave :(

Insiders seem to think Star Tours will be rethemed with a new concept at some point following the opening of Star Wars land. I wanted a connected path too, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom