Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Where can they expand to? They are using up all the space they got.

It doesn't appear that the area in yellow is going to be part of TSL or SWL, so that is the most likely spot for expansion. The area is red has been a designated expansion pad since the park was built so that is another option. If the current entry road goes away completely, then they could expand south east.

upload_2016-7-29_19-43-44.png

MagicHappens1971

It doesn't appear that the area in yellow is going to be part of TSL or SWL, so that is the most likely spot for expansion. The area is red has been a designated expansion pad since the park was built so that is another option. If the current entry road goes away completely, then they could expand south east.

View attachment 153987
If I marked this right, how would the sightlines and pathways work? I just don't get how they could expand in the yellow and still make use of the red.
upload_2016-7-29_19-43-44.png

Last edited:

dm11

If I marked this right, how would the sightlines and pathways work? I just don't get how they could expand in the yellow and still make use of the red.
View attachment 153989
Well, it might be a dead end, with the only way in our out through SWE but they could still use it.

Another option might be to use only half or so of the 'yellow area' although not sure if that would be enough. With the other half used for something else and essentially providing two pathways to the area in red.

Or perhaps do the SWE expansion in the area in red and use area in yellow for some other purpose. Come to think about it that may actually work out the best.

MagicHappens1971

Well, it might be a dead end, with the only way in our out through SWE but they could still use it.

Another option might be to use only half or so of the 'yellow area' although not sure if that would be enough. With the other half used for something else and essentially providing two pathways to the area in red.

Or perhaps do the SWE expansion in the area in red and use area in yellow for some other purpose. Come to think about it that may actually work out the best.
Well while that sounds logical, I believe it was stated that it's extremely unlikely (that for the current expansion purposes) Disney wouldn't extend out upon the current park boundaries.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well while that sounds logical, I believe it was stated that it's extremely unlikely (that for the current expansion purposes) Disney wouldn't extend out upon the current park boundaries.

I would agree with this. I doesn't sound like anything planned for DHS will go beyond the existing park boundaries, except for new parking. I have been thinking about the recently and I can't think of the last project in one of the four main parks that went beyond the original designated boundaries of the park. Yes they have expanded into unused and backstage areas but these were part of the existing park boundaries.

KingOfEpicocity

I would agree with this. I doesn't sound like anything planned for DHS will go beyond the existing park boundaries, except for new parking. I have been thinking about the recently and I can't think of the last project in one of the four main parks that went beyond the original designated boundaries of the park. Yes they have expanded into unused and backstage areas but these were part of the existing park boundaries.
space mountain is outside the berm correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom