Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

JediMasterMatt

So the rotation would be more to help keep the illusion of entering a cockpit as well as for capacity?

Yes. The movement is simply the queue for the RVs to get from load to unload.

I also understand that loading and unloading are stationary and the RV gets dispatched into the conga line when it's ready so that should help against cascade types of shut downs if one RV is slow to load/unload. Think of how Forbidden Journey and TSMM handle disability access. RV's switch on and off track and fit back into the next opening in line. While I'm still disappointed that Forbidden Journey's budget was cut and more of the ride switched from practical to the projection domes - I am always impressed at how efficient and reliable the entire RV system is. It really is the Omnimover 2000.

The carousel action on the Falcon is for the RVs that are actively in the simulator process.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Starting and stopping, some unique experiences per vehicle... Sounding very Remy / Mystic.
Battle Escape is supposed to be trackless after all, but Falcon might go along the same feel just without being trackless. When I rode Ratatouille in May it never really "stopped" because when you weren't moving it was like a simulator, really feels like the rat is tapping its little feet, so I would expect it to be very immersive and to really blow your mind when it moves or stops along the way.

Last edited:

Mike S

Battle Escape is supposed to be trackless after all, but Falcon might go along the same feel just without being trackless. When I rode Ratatouille in May it never really "stopped" because when you weren't moving it was like a simulator, really feels like the rat is tapping its little feet, so I would expect it to be very immersive and to really blow your mind when it moves or stops along the way.
So the vehicles in Ratatouille have actual motion in them?

britain

My reallt question is, will the vehicles for alacatrez have motion, or will they be clones of all the other trackless systems we've seen, but with a new loading technique?

Hang on - the two attractions are getting mixed up here:

Falcon: Flight simulator cockpits that, once loaded, move onto an omnimover chain, loop around, and then back to unload.
Battle Escape: Group of trackless vehicles that load up traditionally (so far as we know) and then embark on a Remy's Adventure / Mystic Manor style ride, some times remaining together, sometimes experiencing portions individually.

Daveeeeed

So the vehicles in Ratatouille have actual motion in them?
Yes, not like Transformers, but it is definitely not your average family ride. Ultra smooth quiet ride (with a few bumps), slight bounces that feel like your vehicle has four legs, tilts etc. It is truly a family version of Transformers, but I enjoyed it just as much if not more. The Loading area, and the Fridge scene were great physical realistic touches, not to mention that the screens were in the perspective of a rat. Also loved the scene where you were under an oven and then the vehicles are literally trying to hide from Skinner by backing up and shaking, and then finally spinning to the next scene when the flames go on. Ratatouille was so good in fact I think it would rival all the other rides in Orlando with ease. Best difference over the other trackless rides is its movements for sure.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Falcon: Flight simulator cockpits that, once loaded, move onto an omnimover chain, loop around, and then back to unload.
Battle Escape: Group of trackless vehicles that load up traditionally (so far as we know) and then embark on a Remy's Adventure / Mystic Manor style ride, some times remaining together, sometimes experiencing portions individually.
The difference being for Battle Escape over other trackless rides is that it will also have more movements.

KingOfEpicocity

Seems like capacity wouldn't be as high as it needs to be.

Daveeeeed

Indy levels of movement?
Expect it to be more like Transformers in its simulator style than an emv, so possibly more movements, but not as rough. It will be a thrill ride after all. As far as I know it's going to be slightly under Transformers in thrill level, but not by much, so pretty much the whole family can ride it.

KingOfEpicocity

Expect it to be more like Transformers in its simulator style than an emv, so possibly more movements, but not as rough. It will be a thrill ride after all. As far as I know it's going to be slightly under Transformers in thrill level, but not by much, so pretty much the whole family can ride it.

Wow. And I thought Indy was pretty dynamic. I guess we'll have the 360 spin as well. Sounds awesome

Mike S

What do you mean?
Some kind of motion base to really sell the onscreen action.
Yes, not like Transformers, but it is definitely not your average family ride. Ultra smooth quiet ride (with a few bumps), slight bounces that feel like your vehicle has four legs, tilts etc. It is truly a family version of Transformers, but I enjoyed it just as much if not more. The Loading area, and the Fridge scene were great physical realistic touches, not to mention that the screens were in the perspective of a rat. Also loved the scene where yu were under a oven and then the vehicles are literally trying to hide from Skinner by backing up and shaking, and then finally spinning to the next scene when the flames go on. Ratatouille was so good in fact I think it would rival all the other rides in Orlando with ease. Best difference over the other trackless rides is its movements for sure.
Thanks. That's a question I've had since the ride opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom