Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

shortstop

Jaison

Your explanations here, which are fantastic, remind me of a WDI patent application image that was circulating a few years ago.

This one...
20130059670-001.jpg

This is perfect, however with marni's previous comments about "going round and round ALMOST all day" makes me think that the carriages will disconnect from the turntable for load/unload and then move back in to connect once the ride sequence begins.

This also meets the complex/simple description given, and wasn't a similar idea utilized in the initial imagination ride?

El Grupo

Wow this stinks...

http://micechat.com/132030-disneyland-rumor-update-one-disney/

Would've been such a great addition for DHS which lacks rides like this and Disneyland which lost its PeopleMover :(

I'm rather confused by this. I could have sworn that a Miceage article in Jan. of this year attributed the loss of this attraction to Bob Chapek. Seemed like there was chatter then about a supposed directive from Chapek that mandated that no additional funds be allocated for this project.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is perfect, however with marni's previous comments about "going round and round ALMOST all day" makes me think that the carriages will disconnect from the turntable for load/unload and then move back in to connect once the ride sequence begins.

This also meets the complex/simple description given, and wasn't a similar idea utilized in the initial imagination ride?
Yep. Hence my nod to JII ;)

Though if it were to stop, move, stop, move slowly the lateral movement wouldn't be perceptible whilst sat on a motion base that itself is moving.

ctrlaltdel

I much rather have the 2 rides we are getting than the Bantha attraction and a single E-ricket, but it seems like such a great throwback to a type of ride Disney doesn't do anymore. Plus, it would add so much to the land (capacity, kinetic energy, etc.).
Tut tut. I wasn't going to mention this (yet) but yes.
Any possibility it comes back as a Phase 2 in either DL or DHS? Or is it dead for good?

dm11

Really nice catch!

britain

Yep. Hence my nod to JII ;)

Though if it were to stop, move, stop, move slowly the lateral movement wouldn't be perceptible whilst sat on a motion base that itself is moving.

Interesting... almost as if it were more like a constantly rotating carousel theater that loads up with cockpits.

As of now it's off the table. And I dare say the disruption to add it later would be too much.
The Peoplemover in Disney World is one of my family's favorite rides. I hate we never got to experience DL's version. So this makes me really sad, there is definitely not enough of this type ride in Walt Disney World.

ctrlaltdel

As of now it's off the table. And I dare say the disruption to add it later would be too much.
That's what I thought. Seems like a ride they would have to build into the land during construction due to it going in and out of show buildings, not later on. If Disneyland was ready to pony up the $$$ they should have let them do it.

Thanks!

P_Radden

Nothing I've seen suggests this,,though that's not saying there won't be.
That's unfortunate. It's my largest complaint about WDW, It's too flat.
I would love if there was a upper level. That would add scale, and perspective and a great place to hang out and people watch. The sad reality now days is so many people are simply lazy and probably wouldn't go up there unless there was some attraction or ride worth the extra effort. Also, there are the access/safety issues such as ADA compliance etc..

Mike S

That's what I thought. Seems like a ride they would have to build into the land during construction due to it going in and out of show buildings, not later on. If Disneyland was ready to pony up the $$$ they should have let them do it.

Thanks!
Wasn't the PeopleMover added later at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom? Where there's a will, there's a way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom