Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

orky8

Can it be something where there are decisions to be made and each person selects (maybe among three choices) and majority rules? Sorta like choose your own adventure.

dm11

Exactly what I was thinking. 4 I could see. Pilot, Co-Pilot, Gunner, Gunner. But 6? Maybe Pilot, Co-Pilot, Navigator, Side Gunner, Side Gunner, Rear Gunner?
I just don't see that - sounds like a lot of cooperation and probably too complicated. Aside from diminishing experience, it would probably impact capacity too. But have to admit I have no idea what other approach they may be taking if it is indeed half a dozen people per pod.

aaronml

Does seem to possibly be PR spin.
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that WDI is planning on 6 riders per pod because it would sound good PR-wise, or are you saying that it is something that they will try and spin as being a pro, regardless of whether or not it actually is one?

PorterRedkey

Can you consider Kali a complete ride? Is welcome a proper raft ride with some actually good length to it.
Not really, it is another of the short attractions Disney has been building recently. 1st time I rode it I said, "Is that it?".
That being said, it is a raft ride and I have not known of a park, Disney or otherwise, that had 2 raft rides in one park.

ToTBellHop

Well as long as we keep getting high quality video in between the news you won't hear any complaining!! The muppets vision video was very well done by the way!
I think what he is saying (because it also my thought on the matter) is that they are suggesting much more interactivity here than will actually be present. They did the same thing with M:S 13 years back. You see how interactive that actually is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that WDI is planning on 6 riders per pod because it would sound good PR-wise, or are you saying that it is something that they will try and spin as being a pro, regardless of whether or not it actually is one?
I think it's that there will be six guests per pod. But six people can't all be the pilot. Could be a bit over zealous PR.

"Go left!"

"No right!"

"No I want left as well"

Unless one guest will be assigned "pilot".

shortstop

I think what he is saying (because it also my thought on the matter) is that they are suggesting much more interactivity here than will actually be present. They did the same thing with M:S 13 years back. You see how interactive that actually is.
Honestly, that's fine with me. I'd rather just enjoy the ride instead of worrying about controlling the experience in order to make it as optimal as possible.

JediMasterMatt

Now, the other ride..

I'm now able to nail some points and firm up some rumour about the Falcon attraction.

Spaceport themed. Lots of themed queue and preshows / safety areas. Lots of nods to the interior of the ship from the movies. Queue will develop from spaceport to Falcon interior to cockpit.

Hybrid ride system that is part Omnimover and part simulator. Or more one on top of the other. It shouldn't be apparent it is an Omnimover hybrid. And it'll go round and round and round all day. A subtle nod to Journey into Imagination ;) Physical capsule for guests with a viewport to a large exterior screen, unlike Star Tours with its attached screen. A simple, effective and not cheap method is being employed to try and counter demand. Assuming a cycle time of 5 minutes it could have a THRC in the upper high teens. Longer cycle and it'll be more mid teens.

Edit. For the sake of accuracy I'll add here it will go round and round and round almost all day.

Martin is wise in the ways of the Force.

I mentioned a long time ago (this galaxy, but I was posting from pretty far away), that the really interesting thing about this attraction is that the end result is going to be exactly what you'd expect out of the concept - you fly the Falcon. You walk through the space port and head up into the Falcon and go into the cockpit and sit down and have your adventure. Honestly, if it goes according to plan - the real knock your socks off feature behind this is how seamless it should be (if it works). Once you are strapped in, it'll be pretty much like you'd expect a simulated flight on the Falcon to be.

The tech behind this should be amazing. Everyone will think they are in the same Falcon cockpit. Instead, it will be a cockpit on an pseudo Omnimover. This is where the early word was making a Forbidden Journey comparison from. It's not a true Kuka range of motion; but, it should be enough to allow for some interesting flight dynamics. I'm still not clear how the loading/unloading process will work exactly. I think it may work like FJ's disability load/unload with the RV's entering the next open spot in the carousel - "One Little Spark" indeed.

If it works the way it's supposed to, it will be the Star Wars fan's equivalent of a trip on the Hogwarts Express or going through Hogwarts Castle.

I haven't heard anything recent re: capacity; but, was initially told 2400/pph. Which is good by modern Disney E standards.

Daveeeeed

Martin is wise in the ways of the Force.

I mentioned a long time ago (this galaxy, but I was posting from pretty far away), that the really interesting thing about this attraction is that the end result is going to be exactly what you'd expect out of the concept - you fly the Falcon. You walk through the space port and head up into the Falcon and go into the cockpit and sit down and have your adventure. Honestly, if it goes according to plan - the real knock your socks off feature behind this is how seamless it should be (if it works). Once you are strapped in, it'll be pretty much like you'd expect a simulated flight on the Falcon to be.

The tech behind this should be amazing. Everyone will think they are in the same Falcon cockpit. Instead, it will be a cockpit on an pseudo Omnimover. This is where the early word was making a Forbidden Journey comparison from. It's not a true Kuka range of motion; but, it should be enough to allow for some interesting flight dynamics. I'm still not clear how the loading/unloading process will work exactly. I think it may work like FJ's disability load/unload with the RV's entering the next open spot in the carousel - "One Little Spark" indeed.

If it works the way it's supposed to, it will be the Star Wars fan's equivalent of a trip on the Hogwarts Express or going through Hogwarts Castle.

I haven't heard anything recent re: capacity; but, was initially told 2400/pph. Which is good by modern Disney E standards.
Agree with you completely it's going to rock. Though Marni said capacity would be 1,900/pph

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom