Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DHSCM

The problem arises when people unknown to each other end up on a ride car where the major attraction is to do something on the ride but somebody doesn't get to do what they want to do. Within a family thus can be settled various ways. With strangers it becomes "too bad so sad sucks to be you pal my people come first"

What a magical experience for somebody eh?
Not to mention confused tourists who don't understand English or star wars just becomes awkward for the other people who are trying to do it and their not doing there part

Variable

Can you consider Kali a complete ride? Is welcome a proper raft ride with some actually good length to it.

All subjective. I've ridden it. I got bounced around in the water, got soaked, people screamed and laughed. Nobody died, maybe a couple of kids wanted to keep going the adults did not. Not sure what else i missed by I didn't expect anything else. Complete for me.

clemmo

Not that I'm aware of. Yet. Murmurings about Indy long term and a Disney Jr refresh.

But I hope plans for the Animation area happen sooner than later. It'll need it.
Interesting...that kind of leads me to believe IJ is not the third ip (I know you can't answer that yet). Unfortunately I don't see them doing much to animation courtyard until work is completed at Epcot. Hopefully if they do something they'll connect it to Sunset Boulevard though.

Daveeeeed

All subjective. I've ridden it. I got bounced around in the water, got soaked, people screamed and laughed. Nobody died, maybe a couple of kids wanted to keep going the adults did not. Not sure what else i missed by I didn't expect anything else. Complete for me.
Look at Roaring Rapids or Grizzly River Run. Rockwork, and length are at play there:happy: They are also etickets compared to a d.

Last edited:

Variable

Look at Roaring Rapids or Grizzly River Run. Rockwork, and length are at play here:happy:

Well the chances of me riding in Shanghai are about zero.
I won't argue that grizzly gives more bang for the buck.
But what's proper and what's long enough, complete, just aren't quantifiable.
Most of us want a long wait to bring something "worth" that wait.

Non raft: splash delivers, Tsmm doesn't. For me.

It's just so fuzzy.

In the last week I've waited 5 minutes for a cheap "fast food burger" and 45 minutes for a "real steakhouse burger" at more than twice the price.
Shorter and cheaper was better.

Daveeeeed

Well the chances of me riding in Shanghai are about zero.
I won't argue that grizzly gives more bang for the buck.
But what's proper and what's long enough, complete, just aren't quantifiable.
Most of us want a long wait to bring something "worth" that wait.

Non raft: splash delivers, Tsmm doesn't. For me.

It's just so fuzzy.

In the last week I've waited 5 minutes for a cheap "fast food burger" and 45 minutes for a "real steakhouse burger" at more than twice the price.
Shorter and cheaper was better.
Don't get me wrong I like Kali, I've ridden it over a dozen times back to back, but it pales in comparison to the other two. It's a D not an E.

Variable

Don't get me wrong I like Kali, I've ridden it over a dozen times back to back, but it pales in comparison to the other two. It's a D not an E.

I got ya. Part if it is that I'm not a raft ride aficionado like some of you webbed toed guys:)

So my perspective is from the occasional floater who's more easily satisfied. In that is perhaps the nature of your issue: range of experience.

Like those of us that go to Disney more often and over decades see things different than a first timer will, or the once a decade folks - we get a little jaded about many things and too attached to others: from names, to 'thrills' to colors of walls and handrails.

RSoxNo1

July 7, 2014: On the July 7th, 2014 episode of the Mouse Chat podcast, Jim Hill discussed the plans for Star Wars at Disney's Hollywood Studios. He confirmed that it is abslutely happening with ground breaking taking place as early as January 2015. Re-iterating previous reports he had made, he said that an X-Wing themed spinner as well as a speederbike themed attraction that utilizes the CAVE technology are being considered. He also indicated that Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular has special events booked through 2017, and after the acquisition of the rights from Paramount, Disney is considering keeping the stunt show in it's current form.
This was taken from my site. I suspect this was a report on the original Chris Beatty proposal for Star Wars Land that has since been replaced.

sedati

I can't see either banning the demographic intended. Though you wouldn't want to take a baby or three year old on either anyway.
One of my favorite guest vs cast member arguments I ever witnessed was a woman who couldn't understand why she couldn't take her baby on Tower of Terror- after all, she would hold the baby in her lap. This took place outside the gate where one has a good view of the elevator shafts and the screaming plummeting people inside.

sedati

I can't see either banning the demographic intended. Though you wouldn't want to take a baby or three year old on either anyway.
One of my favorite guest vs cast member arguments I ever witnessed was a woman who couldn't understand why she couldn't take her baby on Tower of Terror- after all, she would hold the baby in her lap. This took place outside the gate where one has a good view of the elevator shafts and the screaming plummeting people inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom