Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

flyerjab

Actually, does this help?

View attachment 151051

You are really good at sketching! :)

Looking at the layout, and realizing the popularity of this IP, that still won't be big enough to satiate people. They are going to need to expand it into that one area. I am a die hard Disney fan, but even the casual fan, Star Wars fan and/or general passerby that I might talk to about a Star Wars Land in WDW gets excited by the thought of it.

flyerjab

Take a look at the sketch I drew (I have no idea where it ended up though!)

Battle attraction closest to Muppetvision. Falcon ride in the building next door to the west. Market mainly in front of the falcon ride and curving around to the tunnel (at ground level) under the berm into TSL.

Is the queue for the battle attraction outdoor?

Brian Swan

SWThemedLand1280.jpg

That's true. But, having a Star Wars boat(s) to transport guests makes perfect sense. It would create an additional entry point and can also help to stagger the hordes of guests racing toward Star Wars land.

In the rendering, you can see the boat and I see some kind of boardwalk that extends across to what appears to be some kind of walkway or tunnel that leads into the land. You can also see the boat dock on the left.
The boat you refer to appears to be a Mike Fink Keelboat, resurrected for this concept art. The "boardwalk" is actually the new DLRR trestle going past the new land, next to a rock wall that hides the contents from the train.

Brian Swan

Harry Potter is a *huge* IP -- it has had a bigger draw to its theme parks than anything Disney has ever put out. So, HP in California should have been a huge success but it just wasn't. And, that's because people have already seen it before. Which is why I am slightly concerned. With an IP that's so rich in content and an even bigger draw than Harry Potter, why take the risk with cloning? That's all.

I'm still very excited about Star Wars land at DHS, though! Regardless, it will be a huge success for Disney.
Personally, I like the idea of it opening in CA first, and I hope every die-hard SW fan flocks to it... and then stays away from WDW when it opens. It's going to be crazy-crowded no matter what, but any pressure that CA can take off of WDW, the better.

Brian Swan

Any real examples of an instance of this happening?

I know DL tends to get new effects and plussing before WDW in part thanks to Imagineering being almost next door, but in the case of recent DL/WDW clones, DL actually seems to be getting the short end of the stick ans not WDW. (ie Mermaid.)
LM opened in DCA well over a year before it did in WDW. The rides themselves are identical, it's just that WDW got the mother of all queues to handle the vast hords of people waiting to ride it. DL actually got the "improvements before WDW did. DCA got Grizzly River Run - the quality of ride that KRR "should" have been. The DCA Soarin got the digital upgrade years befor the EP version did. POC and iasw were both at DL prior to WDW, and the MK copies of both are inferior to the originals. MK got the old Toontown Faire (which has since been torn down); DL got an entire Toontown land that is still standing. DL has Indy, WDW has the "similar", but not as good Dinosaur...

In fact the only attraction that I can think of that was cloned in DLR that is NOT as good or better than the WDW "equivalent" is ToT.

Mike S

Personally, I like the idea of it opening in CA first, and I hope every die-hard SW fan flocks to it... and then stays away from WDW when it opens. It's going to be crazy-crowded no matter what, but any pressure that CA can take off of WDW, the better.
The better solution for both resorts would've been a simultaneous opening so that everyone just goes to the park that's closest rather than a huge mass of people converging on one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom