Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Daveeeeed

Thank you. I'll try what I can.

From what I know, so far, between SWL and the GMR building will be a lightly themed berm. Possibly usable for a phase two. But nothing dramatic at this time.

No idea about heights but I'd say forced perspective will make them look far taller than they are. The battle attraction show building will be quite high (I'd imagine at least GMR building height) so there is a bit to hide.

My first thought of the Falcon prop was "a bit small" but time will tell.

As it stands there will be no direct link to Star Tours. All traffic will go via what was the end of New York Street.
Thanks for the info! This just makes me even more excited:D

Daveeeeed

Okay. I'm not going to complain about it anymore. I just don't want DHS's version of Star Wars Land to be an afterthought or an inferior version of Disneyland's. And, it is a valid concern, just look at the Space Mountain rides. Not to mention, the sheer amount of attractions that Disneyland has compared to MK.

With that said, I promise to be more optimistic about this. LOL.
I'll definitely agree on the attractions, that's an embarrassment for MK, but to be fair the best space mountain is in Paris as you can tell from my profile pic:D I agree that Star Wars Land in HWS being inferior was a concern of mine, but now others' comments on it and @marni1971's sketch has pretty much erased my doubts. Anyway I think that the lands themselves will truly be epic clones and neither park will feel like it has been screwed over, but that's just my opinion. However this goes though, at least we will have Pandora to rival Cars Land, so it becomes a bit more level in terms of new additions.

Daveeeeed

I would think this is where Jedi Training Academy would go if it would be relocated to Star Wars Land. Since the Battle ride will go on the left side of where the Millennium Falcon ride will go.
image.jpeg

P_Radden

I would think this is where Jedi Training Academy would go if it would be relocated to Star Wars Land. Since the Battle ride will go on the left side of where the Millennium Falcon ride will go.
View attachment 151188
Is that area an upper level or is it just set back?

Side note-
This older concept art shows an X-Wing, but I don't see it in the newest art. Did that get scrapped?
StarWarsLand1-ConceptArt0216.jpg

Next Big Thing

Every once in awhile, they still put out concept art that I think is nice.

Not everything is as cringe-worthy as
dtnemail-Mickey_s_Royal_Friendship_Faire-7efd8.jpg
The problem with this is that it exists. I prefer the Disneyland way of doing things where there's no stage and the Castle is open the entire day (besides fireworks).

Build a theatre in Fantasyland if you want to have a show and maybe even live mic some performers for a change.

shortstop

SWL in Orlando will be a bit taller than its Anaheim sister, so the vistas will be a bit more majestic. It's my understanding that Anaheim's show buildings are going to be sunk a bit into the ground to keep sightlines from the RoA from being a minimized as much as possible.

Can't dig down much at DHS or else it will be Dagobah land.
Wouldn't we have seen this by now in the site prep at Anaheim? I could be wrong, but from the construction photos, the entire site seems to be mostly level.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wouldn't we have seen this by now in the site prep at Anaheim? I could be wrong, but from the construction photos, the entire site seems to be mostly level.

That would be the first step before you they start laying out where the excavation will go. If the excavation is deep enough they will need to put in temporary retaining pilings before they can start digging.

doctornick

The problem with this is that it exists. I prefer the Disneyland way of doing things where there's no stage and the Castle is open the entire day (besides fireworks).

Build a theatre in Fantasyland if you want to have a show and maybe even live mic some performers for a change.

I do think that it was short-sighted during the FLE to not include a stage there for shows. There's plenty of room available that could have been use (e.g. in the corner of Storybook Circus next to the tents).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know everyone is hype for trackless, but I hear this and I fear Battle Escape's going to be flat, flat, flat and have way too much floor showing, compromises that all Disney's trackless rides suffer from. Hybrid omnimover base sounds promising, however.
From what I've seen the floor should match the sets and theme very well. Whilst it might be flat, it won't just be flat ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom