Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any real examples of an instance of this happening?

I know DL tends to get new effects and plussing before WDW in part thanks to Imagineering being almost next door, but in the case of recent DL/WDW clones, DL actually seems to be getting the short end of the stick ans not WDW. (ie Mermaid.)

Often it comes to TDO not wanting to pay. This can and has had a knock on effect that TDA won't pay alone. So neither get it. Case in point a third SWL attraction.

Unless of course Burbank overrules.

HauntedMansionFLA

There are two attractions.

The battle attraction will have a queue and preshow(s) building to rival the main show building. And Forbidden Journey. And come to think of it The Living Seas.

Also remember this is marketing concept art. Certain things are exaggerated. And it is Disneyland. Orlando won't have some of the details in the extremities (but will have other items). Plus it'll be flipped horizontally.
This statement gets me even more excited about the new land

hpyhnt 1000

Often it comes to TDO not wanting to pay. This can and has had a knock on effect that TDA won't pay alone. So neither get it. Case in point a third SWL attraction.

Unless of course Burbank overrules.

:banghead:

It wouldn't be so bad if we knew for sure that 5 years after the grand opening Phase 2 would break ground and that third attraction would see the light of day. But that's not the TDO way!

Thanks phoenicians

So as of now unless GOTG moves up (which I doubt) it appears as if we have nothing opening in 19 unless we can rally and get SWL open by mid-late 19. It just seems odd that they'd open SWL and possibly GOTG and other things at Epcot all in the same year (2020)

ght

So there actually was a 3rd attraction planned?
$_86.JPG

ght

Based on revenue HP west actually has been a success. Attendance? You have to take into account that Universal made a drastic move before HP opened to avoid a mad rush of local APs: they skyrocketed the price of an AP almost forcing people to instead go for one day tickets. They nipped the problem in the bud before it got as bad as it is at Disneyland. I'm not saying I agree with it but that's what they did.
They also had AP previews for months before the actual opening that helped reduce the opening day crush since a lot of locals already had the chance to experience it.

Daveeeeed

So as of now unless GOTG moves up (which I doubt) it appears as if we have nothing opening in 19 unless we can rally and get SWL open by mid-late 19. It just seems odd that they'd open SWL and possibly GOTG and other things at Epcot all in the same year (2020)
I would assume if Star Wars opens in 2019 Guardians will open 2020, and if Star Wars opens in 2020 Guardians will be 2019.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 150992
@marni1971 Does this seem about right for SWL? I understand if you cant say anything.
Kind of. Needs to be a bit flatter (all major show buildings parallel to the parks current toll road) and also flip it horizontally. DHS will be a mirror image of DL. But yes, battle closest to Muppetvision and Falcon closest to World Drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom