Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

dstrawn9889

It came up because we were discussing how far over into that corner SWL would go.
the brown area as it stands is oly 9 AC.
dhs levelled.jpg

if we were to add in TSMM and stage 1 and Cap jack, and OMD...
upload_2016-5-12_17-23-42.png

mm52200

Toy Story Land was supposed to be 11 acres, but if the cuts we saw in the latest concept art are true, then it might end up being smaller.
If they can get the same amount of substance into TSL aka two rides, third TSM track, meet and greets, shops, and a restaurant maybe into a smaller amount of land I'm all for it. I want there to be room for other additions or attractions to the park or even a third attraction eventually for TSL.

doctornick

If they can get the same amount of substance into TSL aka two rides, third TSM track, meet and greets, shops, and a restaurant maybe into a smaller amount of land I'm all for it. I want there to be room for other additions or attractions to the park or even a third attraction eventually for TSL.

While I don't like the cuts made to the land, I do agree with the sentiment of using space more efficiently. 11 acres is a heck of a lot of space for the plans they unveiled and I'd rather they pack more "stuff" into their land. Why can't the folks who figure out the space usage at DLR be more involved with WDW?

KingOfEpicocity

While I don't like the cuts made to the land, I do agree with the sentiment of using space more efficiently. 11 acres is a heck of a lot of space for the plans they unveiled and I'd rather they pack more "stuff" into their land. Why can't the folks who figure out the space usage at DLR be more involved with WDW?

It's easy to forget about packing things in when you have "the blessing of size"

AEfx

At least it looks like it will be a respite from the concrete jungle that the studios are. If some of that area is "wasted" on greenery, etc. - I really wouldn't mind. I just wish there was a nice water feature in there, as well.

Stripes

Premium Member
Since the two lands will be right next to each other, understanding the placement of one can give us insight into the placement of the other.
And that's understandable, but the conversation has deviated away from mere placement to the specifics of TSL. What does the the density of TSL have anything to do with the placement of SWL? ...And honestly talking about placement is quite boring.

HauntedMansionFLA

Will Rogue One characters make their way into this new or is it just focusing on the new trilogy? Also, has Vader and Tarkin been confirmed for Rogue one and perhaps Palapatine ?

AEfx

This is a Star Wars thread, why is everyone posting about TSL? Let's move back to topic.

I just love when someone complains about the discussion without offering anything of their own. We aren't here for your entertainment - if you would like to change the direction of the conversation, offer up something to discuss instead of complaining about what others are talking about.

And that's understandable, but the conversation has deviated away from mere placement to the specifics of TSL. What does the the density of TSL have anything to do with the placement of SWL? ...And honestly talking about placement is quite boring.

That last line is the kicker - you almost would have had 1/2 a point (though barely) - but even if we are talking about the placement of SWL only, that still would bore you. Again, sorry bro - not here to entertain you.

I suggest you sit out of the conversation for awhile, because I hate to burst your bubble (well, not really...) but this is going to be what it's like for the next three or four years until the place is nearly open and there is something concrete to talk about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom