Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

dstrawn9889

capacity is immaterial of ride length. if a short ride and a long ride have the same vehicle, and are moving at the same rate... they have the same capacity. one holds their riders hostage for a longer period of time, requiring less attractions to soak up park goers. this is how EPCOT got away with only having 10 attractions in the Future World pavilions, and from those 7 were motion based attractions, not stage-type shows

KingOfEpicocity

capacity is immaterial of ride length. if a short ride and a long ride have the same vehicle, and are moving at the same rate... they have the same capacity. one holds their riders hostage for a longer period of time, requiring less attractions to soak up park goers. this is how EPCOT got away with only having 10 attractions in the Future World pavilions, and from those 7 were motion based attractions, not stage-type shows
makes sense. I wish we still had a whole park of 16 min dark rides :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here's that chart again...

EPCOT Center THRC

Spaceship Earth 2400
Energy 1930
BodyWars 1000
Cranium Command 800
Horizons 2660
World of Motion 3240
Journey into Imagination 2240
Magic Eye Theatre 1776
Listen to the Land 2445
Kitchen Kabaret 1014
Harvest Theatre 1062
The Living Seas 2484
Backstage Magic 537
Futurechoice variable

=23588

Wikkler

Last time I rode energy it was super depressing. Barely anyone was there. Not one of the vehicles was even close to being full.
I'm aware I'm sidetracking the thread here, but when I rode Energy, we didn't get to finish the ride. Apparently, the ride is so boring that a child climbed out while we were on and we had to be evacuated from the ride.

HauntedMansionFLA

Too bad Disney didn't follow AvatarLand's lead and have another ride in the two show buildings. That would make for 2 E-attractions with 2 D or C attractions. ????

doctornick

Too bad Disney didn't follow AvatarLand's lead and have another ride in the two show buildings. That would make for 2 E-attractions with 2 D or C attractions. ????

I'm still wondering what other "attractions" might show up in this land. Surely some M&Gs, an indoor Jedi training has long been rumored. Maybe a walk through of some sort? A show (though the dining appears to potentially have entertainment)? Is it possible there might be a smaller attraction build that just hasn't been announced?

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm still wondering what other "attractions" might show up in this land. Surely some M&Gs, an indoor Jedi training has long been rumored. Maybe a walk through of some sort? A show (though the dining appears to potentially have entertainment)? Is it possible there might be a smaller attraction build that just hasn't been announced?
It will be interesting to see what type of theme ing they do with the land. I'm excited that employees will be in full character. Yes, I can see lots of M&Gs and hopefully a climate controlled Jedi training.

KingOfEpicocity

It will be interesting to see what type of theme ing they do with the land. I'm excited that employees will be in full character. Yes, I can see lots of M&Gs and hopefully a climate controlled Jedi training.

I'm excited to see an Original Land based in an Ip universe. It's a very interesting concept.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Attraction wise, what you see is what you get so far.

TSL and SWL will not be introducing much if any more impervious materials then were already there. Doesn't really matter whether it's paved ground or a building, the run of is the same. The only minor exception to this will be if they get rid of the canal that back by LMA and Cat Canyon, but the permits don't indicate that it will be removed.

That canal on DHS should be coming out and turning to impervious surface and there should be some drainage modifications needed prior SWL being built.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Granted I haven't seen what permits have been filed yet, but if SWL is going to be located there I'm thinking they will fill that canal. Maybe the permit hasn't been filed yet?

The could squeeze it in without going into that area. This is almost 14 acres.

upload_2016-5-11_19-39-57.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like a possibility. Though that canal looks too close for comfort. Seems like it would be a better option to remove it. Especially if they are losing backstage area with TSL.

TSL doesn't need to go much beyond the end of the TSMM building. They may be leaving that corner for temporary staging and then for either backstage buildings or future expansion. They have cleared most of the land for TSL, but the building to the left of the canal is still there.

TSL doesn't need to go much beyond the end of the TSMM building. They may be leaving that corner for temporary staging and then for either backstage buildings or future expansion. They have cleared most of the land for TSL, but the building to the left of the canal is still there.

You are correct. What I was trying to say was that from all that I have seen TSL is going to the left of the TSMM building which means over what were backstage buildings. Where will they build more backstage buildings to replace some of those displaced cast members? I'm thinking in that canal/cat canyon area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom