Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

We will not likely see steel rising until November or December at the earliest and realistically February is more likely. Once the drainage is in place there will be a ton of work to get pilings put in place as well as a ton of other sub surface infrastructure installation and they still haven't finished the demo of the existing structures.

Sounds right. I would venture to say it would probably be a year from now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For those of us not familiar with construction timelines in the swamps, how far in advance does "drainage" happen before you see structural steel?

I'm semi-familiar with construction in SoCal with it's dry topsoil sitting on solid bedrock (or semi-solid when an earthquake happens), and the Disneyland site for Star Wars Land appears to be about 90 days or less away from seeing structural steel sprouting upwards. How long does it take after "drainage" in a swamp to see structural steel for a large and heavy building that the Star Wars rides would need?

I personally believe that Star Wars Land will stay entirely within the bounds of the current park so no swampland work will need to be done. This should allow steel to rise quicker then for example Avatar which had almost a year of land prep before it went vertical.

ProfSavage

Will Rogue One characters make their way into this new or is it just focusing on the new trilogy? Also, has Vader and Tarkin been confirmed for Rogue one and perhaps Palapatine ?

No idea is Rogue One characters will be part of the SWL...

I believe Vader has been confirmed in the movie. Not sure about Tarkin, but given the new canon book about how he directly oversaw the DS' construction, it may be hard to do a movie about the DS without him... unless they work around it and try not to even try to fill Cushing's shoes. We shall see.

tribbleorlfl

I believe Vader has been confirmed in the movie. Not sure about Tarkin, but given the new canon book about how he directly oversaw the DS' construction, it may be hard to do a movie about the DS without him... unless they work around it and try not to even try to fill Cushing's shoes. We shall see.
I follow SW rumors and spoilers pretty closely and there has been no whisper of him appearing. Remember, R1 is about the plans themselves which are stored in another location. While we do see the DS in the trailer, most believe none of the action takes place there. Thus, it wouldn't necessarily make sense for him to appear.

That being said, if Tarkin does appear, I imagine they'd go the Tron Legacy/Civil War route and digitally superimpose Cushing's likeness on a body double.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

http://movieweb.com/rogue-one-star-wars-story-darth-vader-art/
PHPAB6DyEA2JTR_1_l.jpg

Last edited:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Hey guys can we start using spoiler tags when speaking about who may or may not be in Rouge One? I follow the spoilers and know some of the content shown and discussed above is leaked material thus a spoiler. I just don't want to have some of the surprises ruined for anyone that is trying avoid them.
Thanks=)

G00fyDad

Hey guys can we start using spoiler tags when speaking about who may or may not be in Rouge One? I follow the spoilers and know some of the content shown and discussed above is leaked material thus a spoiler. I just don't want to have some of the surprises ruined for anyone that is trying avoid them.
Thanks=)

No offense, but if this stuff is what you call a spoiler then you might not want to be on the internet or watch TV. It has been discussed all over the place at this point. If one of us had actually seen the movie, then yes, we'd use the spoiler tags. Until then it is all rumor. ;)

tribbleorlfl

Thanks=)
While I don't think discussing chatacter names or who may or may not be in a movie is a spoiler, I edited my posts with the spoiler tags as suggested.

ChrisM

It seems to me that the "on planet" clips in the Rogue One trailer have a market-esque look to them that looks very similar to the SWL concept art.

ProfSavage

It seems to me that the "on planet" clips in the Rogue One trailer have a market-esque look to them that looks very similar to the SWL concept art.

And a lot of the concept art for both Rogue One and SWL are left over from early drafts of The Force Awakens. I got the Art of The Force Awakens book and there's the market and the bar with the floating alien, etc, all in it. Apparently one of the early drafts of the Force Awakens had Han Solo and the female lead go to a marketplace planet that had a Middle Eastern bazzar vibe with vibrant colors and whatnot. Can't remember who said it, but one of the people from Lucasfilm said all ideas for Star Wars are never abandoned, just repurposed (I am paraphrasing). Some of the artwork for Episode 2, for Palp's new apprentice, became Assaj Ventress.

tribbleorlfl

Wow, this is gonna be cool. I just hope it's not restricted to just kids, I have to try this out for myself. :)
I guess it depends on the quantity and scope of these "Force Opportunities", but similar to the interactive wands at WWOHP and Sotmk, I doubt it would be limited to kids. The only way I see that happening is if they make a show or ceremony out of the boulder lifting.
Unfortunately I just see fifty kids crowding around a rock trying to get it to move.
Knowing the SW fan base as I do, I think it's far more likely 50 adults will be crowding around the thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom