Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Always amazed by your vast knowledge of Disney. Thanks sir.
I knew I had a bad image somewhere

image.jpeg

FigmentJedi

I know that when Kodak dropped sponsorship of Imagination, Disney bought the rights to Figment from Kodak, that's why he's still around. But from what I understand (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Disney did not buy the rights to Dreamfinder at that time. Has Disney since bought the rights to use Dreamfinder from Kodak?

It is my understanding that Figment was created by Disney not Kodak. @marni1971 any input? Also when do we expect anything to go vertical at DHS? Too soon? What about where Cat Canyon was? =p

Yeah, the Kodak owning FIgment and Dreamfinder rumor is bus-driver tier nonsense. You don't see Kodak's name on any of the Dreamfinder merch they've produced since the late 2000s or on the comics, plus you know, this is Disney we're talking about, a company that has one of the most vicious reputations for guarding their intellectual properties and character copyrights. Of course they wouldn't let Kodak have a chance at owning characters created as mascots for their park.

FigmentJedi

With all those droids and the Empire helping, can we assume construction will be finished soon?

These are the guys that built a second Deathstar in less than a decade, and that required mining entire planets for the materials.

They had "reduced labor costs".... And by reduced, I mean against their will.
I'm sure there's also some Zygerrian supervised labor going on in Florida too.

FigmentJedi

In old canon Geonosians were most definitely used, among other species...but does that even matter? It's a pointless debate in the context of this thread.
Now the Empire wiped the Geonosians out to keep things secret, the only known straggler being a sterile Geonosian queen that resorted to connecting to a droid factory to make a surrogate hive of more insectoid battle droids.

Involvement of Wookiee slave labor's still a factor though I think.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What are the nods to DHS in the image, I see the thunder mountain but what references did they CGI draw in for WDW? And if a groundbreaking did occur in DHS, what is it? Do they count the demolishing of the premier theater the groundbreaking?

I really think they using the term "groundbreaking" figuratively. Demo and land clearing work has clearly been going on at both parks for a while so I don't think anything special happened today other then them saying "we have broken ground".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom