Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

clemmo

Matches what Serpico is saying. Kinda odd how the Pandora - 2017, TSL - 2018, and SWL - 2019 is still, for the most part, possible. Too bad in looks like dinner at Harryhausen's in 2020 is not going to happen. I was looking forward to some Flab Cake and Howling Hamachi. . .
Have you heard if phase 3 is scattered around the park with mini lands and new shows as others have said or is it completely dead/pushed back?

ChesterKiwi

Now the Empire wiped the Geonosians out to keep things secret, the only known straggler being a sterile Geonosian queen that resorted to connecting to a droid factory to make a surrogate hive of more insectoid battle droids.

Involvement of Wookiee slave labor's still a factor though I think.
But who said I couldn't make a joke using Legends material? :p

On the topic of discussion: people have been mentioning Star Wars Land going in Streets of America a lot. Did something about this cement that or is this still because of the construction wall art and other indications? And how solid is that?

FigmentJedi

But who said I couldn't make a joke using Legends material? :p

On the topic of discussion: people have been mentioning Star Wars Land going in Streets of America a lot. Did something about this cement that or is this still because of the construction wall art and other indications? And how solid is that?
Just thought I'd inform you about the current status quo. And hey, a "dead men tell no tales" approach was certainly one way to ensure NDAs stay that way and keep stories of cost overruns on massively expensive construction projects of immense scale and potential ruin from getting out on Holonet message boards.

dreamscometrue

I didn't want to start a thread, and wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it...

This is from Screamscape today (I know it's Screamscape), but I thought some people on here might know if this is complete rubbish, or has any basis in fact. Or, is this just the money rumored last year.

"...more money could be heading to the Studios in the future in the form of a $3 billion + capital budget Walt Disney World is rumored to have asked the board of directors for, to fund more expansions at the Studios, Magic Kingdom and Epcot, beyond the ones we already know about that are under-way."
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm

ToTBellHop

I didn't want to start a thread, and wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it...

This is from Screamscape today (I know it's Screamscape), but I thought some people on here might know if this is complete rubbish, or has any basis in fact. Or, is this just the money rumored last year.

"...more money could be heading to the Studios in the future in the form of a $3 billion + capital budget Walt Disney World is rumored to have asked the board of directors for, to fund more expansions at the Studios, Magic Kingdom and Epcot, beyond the ones we already know about that are under-way."
They can ask...although TDO would never ask the BoD for that kind of money. Iger himself asked for $3.5 bn last year. I think Screamscape has just now learned about that money. They aren't getting $6.5 bn lol. They could bulldoze all of WDW and try again.

jt04

TDO has worked tirelessly to ensure WDW had the necessary infrastructure to enable additions in the parks. Nothing would surprise me going forward. What once was a mostly regional resort is now a global destination.

jt04

Did you really write that with a straight face? I know I couldn't read it with one.

WDW is still along ways from it's potential. The market in nowhere near saturated which is why Orlando tourism continues to grow year after year. These are the facts.

TP2000

Will there be a separate Star Wars Land construction only thread to update on progress at DHS?

I hope so! This is one of those huge differences between Disneyland and WDW that forever baffles me.

For the Disneyland project, we've had months of weekly photo updates showing the demolition and progression of the land clearing. Buildings and trees dating to 1955 have been bulldozed into oblivion, and we get to watch it all from the comfort of our home. And a few months ago an Al Lutz Miceage Update on Micechat blew the lid off the master plan by releasing detailed maps and images of where the new land will be, where the rides will be, how big the buildings will be, and how the new walkways will plug it all into the existing park. WDI even helped out by releasing official artwork of the reconfigured Rivers of America on the new land's southern border.

This Miceage map is months old now, but multiple insiders online have vouched that it is alarmingly accurate.
disneylands-star-wars-land-expansion-layout-shown-in-new-map-and-new-details2

But for the DHS project, there's been a few photos of Catastrophe Canyon demolition, and then... nothing. No land clearing. No detailed maps or sketches or images. Even the official "Groundbreaking Ceremony" today took place in Anaheim and they photoshopped an At-At into it to remind us there will also be something in WDW. I'm not blaming any of the website owners in this at all, I'm blaming the fan culture that surrounds WDW. Where's the smuggled out maps and renderings? Where's the aerial view of how it all fits into the park? And where the heck are the bulldozers?!?

We're not even sure how the land will be placed in DHS, or how Star Tours will fit in with it. I'm forever baffled at how WDW keeps a lid on stuff, and/or no one in the WDW fan community based in Orlando seems able to get any type of smuggled info or images out of the TDO building. Weird how that works. :banghead:

Pam Hates Penguins

I hope so! This is one of those huge differences between Disneyland and WDW that forever baffles me.

For the Disneyland project, we've had months of weekly photo updates showing the demolition and progression of the land clearing. Buildings and trees dating to 1955 have been bulldozed into oblivion, and we get to watch it all from the comfort of our home. And a few months ago an Al Lutz Miceage Update on Micechat blew the lid off the master plan by releasing detailed maps and images of where the new land will be, where the rides will be, how big the buildings will be, and how the new walkways will plug it all into the existing park. WDI even helped out by releasing official artwork of the reconfigured Rivers of America on the new land's southern border.

This Miceage map is months old now, but multiple insiders online have vouched that it is alarmingly accurate.
disneylands-star-wars-land-expansion-layout-shown-in-new-map-and-new-details2

But for the DHS project, there's been a few photos of Catastrophe Canyon demolition, and then... nothing. No land clearing. No detailed maps or sketches or images. Even the official "Groundbreaking Ceremony" today took place in Anaheim and they photoshopped an At-At into it to remind us there will also be something in WDW. I'm not blaming any of the website owners in this at all, I'm blaming the fan culture that surrounds WDW. Where's the smuggled out maps and renderings? Where's the aerial view of how it all fits into the park? And where the heck are the bulldozers?!?

We're not even sure how the land will be placed in DHS, or how Star Tours will fit in with it. I'm forever baffled at how WDW keeps a lid on stuff, and/or no one in the WDW fan community based in Orlando seems able to get any type of smuggled info or images out of the TDO building. Weird how that works. :banghead:

WDW is hiding something from us about DHS's expansion. And they've demolished a few things, but we still don't know where SWL will be. We've been trying to put our finger on it for a while, but it seems we're getting nowhere.

TP2000

WDW is hiding something from us about DHS's expansion. And they've demolished a few things, but we still don't know where SWL will be. We've been trying to put our finger on it for a while, but it seems we're getting nowhere.

Tell me about it. It's getting kind of weird. Today's "groundbreaking ceremony" in Anaheim only adds fuel to that fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom