Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

P_Radden

I agree actually. I know the absolute perfect IP for Epcot that Disney hasn't leveraged for far too long and could make for an amazing new ride.
latest
I know that when Kodak dropped sponsorship of Imagination, Disney bought the rights to Figment from Kodak, that's why he's still around. But from what I understand (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Disney did not buy the rights to Dreamfinder at that time. Has Disney since bought the rights to use Dreamfinder from Kodak?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
NOT being argumentative... When I "evaluate" if a park is full/half day, I take into account ALL that it has to offer, not just the particular things I like to do. If you see all three live shows, take the train to CS, spend time on the walking trails and do all of the rides, it WILL take a full day (or at least most of a full day) to fit it all in.

You can debate full day/half day all you want, but in the end it really comes down to how much time does a guest spend in the park on average.

Monoblanco13

I know that when Kodak dropped sponsorship of Imagination, Disney bought the rights to Figment from Kodak, that's why he's still around. But from what I understand (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Disney did not buy the rights to Dreamfinder at that time. Has Disney since bought the rights to use Dreamfinder from Kodak?
It is my understanding that Figment was created by Disney not Kodak. @marni1971 any input? Also when do we expect anything to go vertical at DHS? Too soon? What about where Cat Canyon was? =p

Ignohippo

Without getting into details, I will say the process sometimes starts with multiple plans. The idea to reuse existing buildings is often one of those plans. Then things changed.

Talking to everyone here, not responding to @Ignohippo, with all the talk of a Phase 3 and budgets, just keep in mind there's a lot of time from now through what happens after Star Wars is vertical. Budgets and executives come and go during that amount of time. I wouldn't be that concerned about what's planned or cut for that timeframe just yet.

You are exactly correct. I don't think we'll have any clarification on what the final results of all this will be until Iger is gone and a new CEO comes in.

I believe the current execs will continue to cut costs as much as they can, to make the books (and themselves) look better, until a new CEO is chosen.

jt04

Ground is officially broken. Fordexploder91 will be along shortly to apologize for deceiving us any moment I am sure. Heh.

I guess this is the moment everyone who said they will believe it when the work starts can now believe it. Yay.

SCOTLORR

If you look, there are nods to WDW, like the AT-AT and um um prob some other things I am missing :p
I noticed some cargo packages addressed to Walt Disney World. Knowing Disney, the only reason DHS's SWL is opening later is because they decided to send these using the cheapest shipping option available. :rolleyes: :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom