Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
WDW is hiding something from us about DHS's expansion. And they've demolished a few things, but we still don't know where SWL will be. We've been trying to put our finger on it for a while, but it seems we're getting nowhere.

Unless I have missed something, Disney has officially said the same amount about the location of the DL SWL as the DHS one. From the Disney Parks Blog:

In a post about the Rivers of America changes:
"The Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad at Disneyland park in Southern California have closed temporarily as we prepare to bring an all-new Star Wars-themed land to the park"

In a post about LMA closing:
"In order to bring our new lands to life, the first steps of the expansion will be happening soon. We wanted to let you know that Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and nearby locations around Streets of America will be closing on April 2, 2016. The Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show attraction will continue its daily shows until the closing date."

I also fully believe that SWL was going to go from Indy out in the parking lot, but something changed at some point along the process.

Herbie

Does the Pizza Planet building have to open by the end of 2016? Just curious. I know it's generally assumed that it will be re-themed to the Muppets, but I'm curious (by the looks of the AT-AT[?]... thing) if Star Tours will be connected via the Muppets area eventually. Replacing it could be the last thing they do while Toy Story opens. Not that I want to see the Muppets or a non-Star Wars IP go, but I'm a stickler on ride count & land/theme cohesion.

Next Big Thing

Does the Pizza Planet building have to open by the end of 2016? Just curious. I know it's generally assumed that it will be re-themed to the Muppets, but I'm curious (by the looks of the AT-AT[?]... thing) if Star Tours will be connected via the Muppets area eventually. Replacing it could be the last thing they do while Toy Story opens. Not that I want to see the Muppets or a non-Star Wars IP go, but I'm a stickler on ride count & land/theme cohesion.
It's all just digitally added images. I don't really think any of what was shown is representative of the land.

jt04

I'm pretty sure that you can't use 'it was this way in 1982' as an argument if you want people to take you seriously.

1982 led to the Disney Decade. The Orlando tourism numbers have been growing since. And the rate seems to be accelerating. So it would not be a surprise to see the parks all over Orlando follow the same pattern.

Not only that, but space launches are going to become a weekly occurrence so you can include that in your vacation too.

Too infinity and beyond....

RSoxNo1

I bet they're using independent contractors...
Randal: A construction job of that magnitude would require a helluva lot more manpower than the Imperial army had to offer. I'll bet there were independent contractors working on that thing: plumbers, aluminum siders, roofers.
Dante: Not just Imperials, is what you're getting at.
Randal: Exactly. In order to get it built quickly and quietly they'd hire anybody who could do the job. Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms.
Dante: All right, so even if independent contractors are working on the Death Star, why are you uneasy with its destruction?
Randal: All those innocent contractors hired to do a job were killed- casualties of a war they had nothing to do with. (notices Dante's confusion) All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia-this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.
(The Blue-Collar Man (Thomas Burke) joins them.)
Blue-Collar Man: Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt, but what were you talking about?
Randal: The ending of Return of the Jedi.
Dante: My friend is trying to convince me that any contractors working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when the space station was destroyed by the rebels.
Blue-Collar Man: Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer... (digs into pocket and produces business card) Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements. And speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs.
Randal: Like when?
Blue-Collar Man: Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was.
Dante: Whose house was it?
Blue-Collar Man: Dominick Bambino's.
Randal: "Babyface" Bambino? The gangster?
Blue-Collar Man: The same. The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine.
Dante: Based on personal politics.
Blue-Collar Man: Right. And that week, the Foresci family put a hit on Babyface's house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling.
Randal: No way!
Blue-Collar Man: (paying for coffee) I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. (pauses to reflect) You know, any contractor willing to work on that Death Star knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to this... (taps his heart) not his wallet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom