Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ignohippo

SWL is supposed to be 14 acres, which would be this. So that, TSL, some back stage builds would take up most of that space. I also think they will probably use part of the land back there for construction trailers and staging.

View attachment 137304

What is the building back there by Stage Ln.? It seems like that may be the only little plot that we don't know about (if SW is indeed going in the back corner). That seems to be the area where the mysterious path to nowhere is going if I'm seeing the renderings correctly.

doctornick

SWL is supposed to be 14 acres, which would be this. So that, TSL, some back stage builds would take up most of that space. I also think they will probably use part of the land back there for construction trailers and staging.

View attachment 137304

The little body of water will remain, right? That might actually be a plus, as the park could use another water feature to break up the monotony of concrete.

BrianLo

What is the building back there by Stage Ln.? It seems like that may be the only little plot that we don't know about (if SW is indeed going in the back corner). That seems to be the area where the mysterious path to nowhere is going if I'm seeing the renderings correctly.

I think that will serve as construction staging and down the line could become an expansion pad. It's pretty much mimicking DL at this point.

dstrawn9889

There is no need for your rudeness. I am just an average fan. I had no idea how may acres were back there vs how many they were planning for the land. Sorry I don't have all this tucked away like you do. Hope that's not hard to understand.
well, it certainly was not meant to be rude... humor and sarcasm - neither one- have a font. but the pithy rebuttal is quite nice

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
My reading on this has been spotty but I seem to remember pre-announcement talk that the DHS expansion pad was the cast parking lot. I think that was back when people were still speculating about Cars Land. Is that completely off the table (not Cars Land, but the parking lot as the footprint)?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah but nobody knows what that means. Left unsaid is whether that includes show buildings or whether Star Tours has anything to do with it.

I would doubt it would include Star Tours, because the land at DL is supposed to be the same size and there is no way to connect it to Star Tours there. If it doesn't include the show buildings, then I don't think it would fit back there at all.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Wikimapia has it labeled as Operations Support.

BrianLo

My drawing is terrible... but it weirdly fits quite well with little alteration of the DL plans needed.

Save for the weird entrance that leads nowhere (and is surprisingly on the edge of the Toy Story Land Concept Art as @Ignohippo just pointed out).

26023391970_a7c9517576_o.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom