Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Andy Whitfield

This news is depressing but we should of all expected it. I'm not hopeful for an immersive phase 3 now. Why? Why? Why? They have such a great opportunity to make a great park but they are taking the cheaper route. Hope this back fires. Want to say I won't go now but I will. I'll always be thinking of what could of been though.

Hope new management sort this Royal mess out.

Hugely disappointed

Atomicmickey

This may have been discussed already, but if it goes back there, then
what would happen with Star Tours? Seems odd to have a Star Wars attraction outside
of Star Wars land . . .

doctornick

what would happen with Star Tours? Seems odd to have a Star Wars attraction outside
of Star Wars land . . .

I'm still hoping for a SW mini-land around Star Tours with a different setting/timeframe. An ideal set up would be to make that Tattooine (the store is already good to go) which could transition easily into an Indiana Jones area next door based in Egypt or such.

@marni1971 you mentioned at one point that there might be another "half" addition for Star Wars at DHS (I'm terribly paraphrasing, so forgive me), would you be able to expand on that?

Unplugged

of Star Wars land . . .
I keep going over this to make sense of it, not that it matters though as Dis will do what Dis will do. But I can't help but see 3 possibilities here:
1) Would build a new Star Tours building so the new theming is consistent and move the simulators. Not like that is a big deal to do considering the size of this effort.
2) Or perhaps when we look at the Toy Story Land artwork, "Those are not the rocks you're looking for". As in, the transition from TSL is actually to some unannounced land. As hopeful as that may be, though we know there will have to be more added to the park for a full re-branding for a new cash cow. Also, while most insiders agree there is NO Carsland, all those rocks would make a great transition.
3) If the road/toll plaza behind the park is moved as insiders had indicated based on roads/garage potential from surveys & test, SWL may wrap around the Muppets. This makes little sense to me as there is no elegant way to blend to Star Tours unless the entry is reversed to the back facing the new SWL.

All we can do is await the info from insiders or official channels at this point as something is miss.

As Yoda said "Patience young Skywalker."

Britrepeater

My drawing is terrible... but it weirdly fits quite well with little alteration of the DL plans needed.

Save for the weird entrance that leads nowhere (and is surprisingly on the edge of the Toy Story Land Concept Art as @Ignohippo just pointed out).

26023391970_a7c9517576_o.png
This was always my thoughts on a common sense approach. Speed and cost. Use land that's already free or doing very little. I would think the updates they do to ride films are an easy option to keep interest up on star tours. Ideally you would ride the shuttle to emerge in Star Wars land.

MrPromey

Well it could ... but TSL is going behind TSMM and Star Tours is below the Muppets

Yeah, we have a good handle on the TSL footprint because the concept art shows the location of Toy Story Midway Mania and because they're currently working on an expansion of that track, we know they have no plans to move that.

(I know you know that - just adding on to your comment to him)

Jones14

It's one area where I wouldn't entirely hate them cheaping out a bit. If the land moves but Star Tours stays, a partial retheme of the exterior scenery to either a forest or desert (preferably the first) could preserve some Original/Prequel Trilogy Star Wars while the new land plows ahead with the New Trilogy. Remove the Finn scene from Star Tours, and they've got three marketable attractions (once SWL opens) that touch on (and sell merchandise for) the whole series without the hassle of timelines or money.

Until the land opens, they can add scenes from Rogue One and Episode 8 to continue hyping Star Wars, and then remove post Jedi scenes to fix continuity once the land's open. Then they have two Star Wars lands to market, and if the new trilogy turns out to be a one hit wonder, they still have the ability to expand on Star Wars' originals, with room for an Indy mini-land next door.

Mike S

I keep going over this to make sense of it, not that it matters though as Dis will do what Dis will do. But I can't help but see 3 possibilities here:
1) Would build a new Star Tours building so the new theming is consistent and move the simulators. Not like that is a big deal to do considering the size of this effort.
2) Or perhaps when we look at the Toy Story Land artwork, "Those are not the rocks you're looking for". As in, the transition from TSL is actually to some unannounced land. As hopeful as that may be, though we know there will have to be more added to the park for a full re-branding for a new cash cow. Also, while most insiders agree there is NO Carsland, all those rocks would make a great transition.
3) If the road/toll plaza behind the park is moved as insiders had indicated based on roads/garage potential from surveys & test, SWL may wrap around the Muppets. This makes little sense to me as there is no elegant way to blend to Star Tours unless the entry is reversed to the back facing the new SWL.

All we can do is await the info from insiders or official channels at this point as something is miss.

As Yoda said "Patience young Skywalker."
What if the rocks at the edge of TSL lead to Paradise Falls?

Won't happen I know :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom