Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Pam Hates Penguins

This news is depressing but we should of all expected it. I'm not hopeful for an immersive phase 3 now. Why? Why? Why? They have such a great opportunity to make a great park but they are taking the cheaper route. Hope this back fires. Want to say I won't go now but I will. I'll always be thinking of what could of been though.

Hope new management sort this Royal mess out.

Hugely disappointed

Star Wars Land could go in the Echo Lake/Indiana Jones area. But the problem is....They haven't demolished it yet.

Slowjack

Hmm. I do think Star Wars in SoA lowers the chance of a Phase 3 immensely. I just feel like expanding the park footprint into the parking area and all that would entail makes sense only for a slam-dunk project like Star Wars. Star Wars is the long-awaited Potter-swatter; it has a massive fanbase and can justify big dollars even from tight-fisted Disney. It's hard for me to imagine Disney, in their current mode of thinking, embarking upon that level of infrastructure work to build a mini-land based on Monsters Inc. or something like that. Folding those infrastructure costs into the Star Wars land budget looks a lot better on the spreadsheets. That's not to say they might not rework the area inside the existing park boundaries, though. The IJSS can't go on forever.

Pam Hates Penguins

Hmm. I do think Star Wars in SoA lowers the chance of a Phase 3 immensely. I just feel like expanding the park footprint into the parking area and all that would entail makes sense only for a slam-dunk project like Star Wars. Star Wars is the long-awaited Potter-swatter; it has a massive fanbase and can justify big dollars even from tight-fisted Disney. It's hard for me to imagine Disney, in their current mode of thinking, embarking upon that level of infrastructure work to build a mini-land based on Monsters Inc. or something like that. Folding those infrastructure costs into the Star Wars land budget looks a lot better on the spreadsheets. That's not to say they might not rework the area inside the existing park boundaries, though. The IJSS can't go on forever.

If you want to discus where phase 3 could go, just click on my thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/where-would-phase-3-go.911960/

rioriz

People talking about moving ST look at the map above. The walkway leading from ST to the backlot is perfect for the Marketplace Street that was show in concept art. That can be built up enough that you can go from ST to the rest of the attractions seamlessly

Fox&Hound

Could they put Star Wars in the back and in the future demo muppets and build in the front of the park? Like
One massive Star Wars land but in phases like potter? The back is for the new films and the front for the original trilogy?

ToTBellHop

Could they put Star Wars in the back and in the future demo muppets and build in the front of the park? Like
One massive Star Wars land but in phases like potter? The back is for the new films and the front for the original trilogy?
Sure. I would bet some space at the front of the park will be used soon, though. With the push now to build quick and cheap, we may finally get our Indiana Jones Adventure.

BrianLo

At this point I'd rather wait for SWL to go in the front and have a proper phase 3 at LMA than just getting SWL faster.

Everyone always assumes the worst these days.

I'd rather Star Wars hurry up AND we get a proper phase 3. One in no way has to preclude the other. It may be a sign - but considering how aggressively everyone was certain Echo lake was for Stars Wars a few days ago, I trust my gut more.

Hopefully some leaks will occur soon!

Mike S

Everyone always assumes the worst these days.

I'd rather Star Wars hurry up AND we get a proper phase 3. One in no way has to preclude the other. It may be a sign - but considering how aggressively everyone was certain Echo lake was for Stars Wars a few days ago, I trust my gut more.

Hopefully some leaks will occur soon!
It's not like we don't have a reason to. Tower of Terror?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg

Just a thought.
Edit: Im not very good a Photoshop or paint as you can see.

UpAllNight

Wow dunno what's a bigger mess, the decisions made by Disney Management or this thread, where nobody has a clue what's going on.

Pinned a lot of my hopes on what I've read on this forum and whilst I love reading it and appreciate what inside knowledge people have, when things maybe don't work out I'm left with an idea of what could have been that I maybe wouldn't have had otherwise...the truth and knowledge shared is making me look at Disney in a more negative light.

These budgets and plans are always so dynamic I wonder if it's beneficial to break insider information about the scale of the DHS redo, or the supposed £350million for both Magic Kingdom and Epcot which is very hush hush now and brushed under the carpet as if it wasn't discussed across various threads for 3 months. Because when it doesn't work out or when things change, it just angers. I appreciate why certain posters hold back on certain details, I guess. But them details keep me coming back.

Random pointless frustrated observation :)

HauntedMansionFLA

View attachment 137309
Just a thought.
Edit: Im not very good a Photoshop or paint as you can see.
I love this plan. I wish DHS will follow DAK plan. Build up your retail, dining and attractions in other areas of the park first. Build TSL and go into The LMA with whatever they want to put in there. More Pixar, Monsters Inc. ect.... Build those areas up before SWL is built and open to deal with the crowds it will bring. Just wishful thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom