Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

Very much we would have. It would have been a natural expansion of Toy Story Land with possible finally the MI Coaster. Now....not so likely.

Based on something you have heard now? Or just extrapolating from older info?

Also, is there a reason why a Phase 3 Pixar could not be done in Echo Lake? Sure, there would be some logic in having it near Toy Story, but doesn't really need to be. There seems to be a sense that Pixar would be out unless it goes in the LMA area.

Ripken10

It seems some are missing the point (or maybe I am). Sure there may be other "phase 3s", but not to the extent that they had visions of when they were putting SWL in the front. This great phase that apparently all of our insiders seem to have the same knowledge of couldn't be fit the way it is laid out in the areas left after SWL if it goes in SOA.

My assumption...expect maybe another TSL type expansion at best for a "phase 3"...when another SWL type of expansion was in the works (maybe not quite SWL, but much closer to SWL than TSL)

clemmo

Based on something you have heard now? Or just extrapolating from older info?

Also, is there a reason why a Phase 3 Pixar could not be done in Echo Lake? Sure, there would be some logic in having it near Toy Story, but doesn't really need to be. There seems to be a sense that Pixar would be out unless it goes in the LMA area.

Quite honestly i'd much rather have monsters inc in the animation courtyard and indy in the echo lake area. I guess they could put mi in the echo lake area it would just make more sense near the other pixar property or properties. Then again disney rarely makes sense these days

doctornick

Star Tours would have been roughly where the "Fantasyland" sign is.

As it was told to me.

Yes, it's pretty evident to me that @Ignohippo got information that was different than others because he's the only one who has said that Star Wars was starting literally at the body of water of Echo Lake. Everyone else has indicated that the restaurants (50's Prime Time, etc.) would not be part of Star Wars (even if they were changed to a different theme) and Star Wars would start further away from the hub and lake.

I'm not saying who was right (and it seems that the point is moot now anyway) just that there isn't a fundamental agreement on that even.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So in honor of the trailer released this morning...

facebook951460059467971.jpg

CaptainAmerica

I feel like this area is too large for this expansion. Backlot tour, LMA and Streets of America?! Something doesn't add up.
None of the Backlot Tour, LMA, or Streets of America had show buildings. What you saw is what it was. A proper themed "land' on the other hand, will require much more real estate to deliver a smaller "on stage" space.

dstrawn9889

I feel like this area is too large for this expansion. Backlot tour, LMA and Streets of America?! Something doesn't add up.
upload_2016-4-7_16-12-26.png

why is it so hard to understand... ~33 acres total back there... and if it is to believe, a 14 acre SW and a 12 ac TSL is 26 acres, and they still need backstage areas all around...
and i even included the cast parking deck in the acrage figure.

JustInTime

View attachment 137303
why is it so hard to understand... ~33 acres total back there... and if it is to believe, a 14 acre SW and a 12 ac TSL is 26 acres, and they still need backstage areas all around...
There is no need for your rudeness. I am just an average fan. I had no idea how may acres were back there vs how many they were planning for the land. Sorry I don't have all this tucked away like you do. Hope that's not hard to understand.

BrianLo

It seems some are missing the point (or maybe I am). Sure there may be other "phase 3s", but not to the extent that they had visions of when they were putting SWL in the front. This great phase that apparently all of our insiders seem to have the same knowledge of couldn't be fit the way it is laid out in the areas left after SWL if it goes in SOA.

Maybe I'm missing the point too - but if you bulldoze ~14 acres, most anything can be tweaked to fit.

The amount of times Star Wars has morphed and been placed into very different plots (Echo Lake, LMA/SOA, Tomorrowland/Autopia/Subs, Toontown, ROA) demonstrates that.

Basically, give WDI a little credit. If they absolutely wanted to carry out their vision of Phase 3, they can do it at the front just as well as the back. There is more than enough space and flexibility with the way the park boundaries are being redrawn.

Phase 3 was always on the drawing board, and since no one here seems to have information that is up-to-date in the last 3-6 months, none of us (or them) know what's going on with it.

I'm not arguing that it hasn't been scraped. I'm just arguing that the position it has been scraped because Star Wars moved is not sound logic.

Ignohippo

Star Tours would have been roughly where the "Fantasyland" sign is.

As it was told to me.

Maybe I'm just daft, but I don't get it.

I think our info and mine has been pretty much the same throughout this whole thing. some discrepancies here and there, but the main plotting has always been the same.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe I'm just daft, but I don't get it.

I think our info and mine has been pretty much the same throughout this whole thing. some discrepancies here and there, but the main plotting has always been the same.
Mine just seemed to be further back from yours.... kind of the front boundary being where Indy is. Nothing around Echo Lake was to be touched by SWL. I even ran it past several different, unconnected sources.

Ignohippo

Maybe I'm missing the point too - but if you bulldoze ~14 acres, most anything can be tweaked to fit.

The amount of times Star Wars has morphed and been placed into very different plots (Echo Lake, LMA/SOA, Tomorrowland/Autopia/Subs, Toontown, ROA) demonstrates that.

Basically, give WDI a little credit. If they absolutely wanted to carry out their vision of Phase 3, they can do it at the front just as well as the back. There is more than enough space and flexibility with the way the park boundaries are being redrawn.

Phase 3 was always on the drawing board, and since no one here seems to have information that is up-to-date in the last 3-6 months, none of us (or them) know what's going on with it.

I'm not arguing that it hasn't been scraped. I'm just arguing that the position it has been scraped because Star Wars moved is not sound logic.

Maybe @marni1971 can explain it a little better than I can?

Certainly anything is "possible." I just don't see it as likely at this point.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

SWL is supposed to be 14 acres, which would be this. So that, TSL, some back stage builds would take up most of that space. I also think they will probably use part of the land back there for construction trailers and staging.

upload_2016-4-7_16-25-31.png

Ignohippo

Yes, it's pretty evident to me that @Ignohippo got information that was different than others because he's the only one who has said that Star Wars was starting literally at the body of water of Echo Lake. Everyone else has indicated that the restaurants (50's Prime Time, etc.) would not be part of Star Wars (even if they were changed to a different theme) and Star Wars would start further away from the hub and lake.

I'm not saying who was right (and it seems that the point is moot now anyway) just that there isn't a fundamental agreement on that even.

It would have been 'around' Echo Lake. Just as the DL plans are (and mind you, I had seen no plans before the DL plans leaked). I was only going by what I was told - which ended up aligning exactly with the DL plans.

The only things that differ are the buildings for 50s Prime Time and ABC Theater. It's possible those would have been raised, but I was told 6-8 months ago (which is obviously way too long ago in the development of this project) that they were staying and would be part of the plans.

It's all moot anyway, as everything seems to have changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom