Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Phicinfan

Okay I have to ask.

With the new art, and the changes to the slinky coaster, could this(as it seems to me to be pushed out more...) and the fact they want SWL faster what is pushing this?

In other words, lets say TSL is going to extend farther than expected....not much granted but some. Okay now that extra area is not as large, and there is dire need to get something in that park and sooner. So change made to move SWL into SOA.

I also don't believe yet that Phase 3 is cancelled, as that was already approved budgeting, and they will need more than just toy story, SWL and Muppets "island" to carry the park. The Indy area will be ripe for overhaul once Phases 1 and 2 are done, and at that point the new Indy movie will be out or close to it. Add to that, the latest Toy story and Incredible movies will have been out already also won't they?

michmousefan

Really not surprised at all if TSWE (isn't that what Spirit said it would be called? ;)) goes in the back of the park. I've made the case before that if the FL version of the area mirrors the DL one, that the "reveal" of the land is going to be important and that makes much more sense in the back of the park than over on the side and closer to the front.

Also, I bet the thought of closing the Indy Stunt Show became a bit of a straw breaking the already-way-stressed camel's back for this park. They have to keep some minimum number of attractions open, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if guest surveys indicated that closing Indy with all of the other closed stuff would be a bit too much.

Plus, it offers the possibility of creating an Indy Land for phase 3 -- either with a new stunt show or an additional attraction. Remember, there is another movie coming in 2019...

ToTBellHop

They still have animation courtyard for phase 3.
4 was going to go over there. I'm sure we will get more than two lands, but it may just be an extra ride or two in the two expansion areas yet unclaimed. An argument (in terms of logical flow for the park) could be made for more Indy in what was the SWL plot and more Pixar behind Launch Bay (which would revert to an animation theme).

Any Indy ride IS being consider FWIW.

dstrawn9889

ok, lets take a look at a zoomed in version of the artwork in question---
DSC4781-610x381.jpg

what i am seeing is ENDOR and the AT-AT. showing that the end of the trail there leads past muppets(or under) and comes out where Star Tours is now... and that sweeping trail is heading to tatooine traders
Untitled.png

Last edited:

WDWGuy

Sorry if I am repeating something that has already been said...but.referring to the latest news item on this site regarding the new construction walls..where did the rumor start that Star Wars Land was going to be built where Echo Lake/Indy is???? I believe both of those areas are very much open and no closing dates have been announced..??

Its been very clear for awhile now that SWL and TSL are being built where attractions have been demolished or walls have gone up.....

Mawg

I don't understand all of this Phase 3 talk. Sure it would be great to have a phase 3 and really polish off this park. But, Honestly when would they start Phase 3? Finish Toyland in 2 years, Star Wars in 4. It's now 2020. Ok, time to start phase 3 as we open a huge area we can close another. Or maybe we should re-evaluate and spend the money on Epcot. It's just too early to be discussing a Phase 3. Also, what should go in Phase 3, more toons like Monsters or Cars or maybe Indiana, who knows how these IP are going to be doing in 4-5 years. So much can change. If they had a phase 3 planed and budgeted, I'm not at all surprised it was cancelled. It sounds like it was a bad management decision to begin with. If Phase 3 was budgeted and all along it was not a huge expansion but just a clean up and polish of the rest of the park great! Thinking that far ahead is necessary but also you need to be able to allow for change, seems silly to have had another expansion already budgeted at this point. Let's be happy the park is getting some attention, be upset that maybe ToyStoryLand got cut a little bit, but in all seriousness how excited were we for ToyStoryLand. Are the kids really going to be upset that there is a lift hill and trench missing. Just get it done so there is a place for the kids.
Our insiders give us information that is great but plans change and maybe it's best if we don't always know about them. You don't know what your missing if you never knew it was a possibility. There is plenty of other things to get mad about, broken Yeti's, Frozen in Epcot, re-theming ToT to GotG, Decline of Epcot, I don't need to get mad about the possibility that there might not be a Phase 3.

doctornick

Indeed isn't that right ... :(

Please do not tell me Star tours is going away. What a waste that would be. Even if it is not connected to the rest of Star Wars, there is no reason it can't stick around, whether as a peripheral attachment to the rest of Star Wars, it's own mini-land, or a different themed area altogether.

Disney shouldn't waste money changing rides that are perfectly good already. DHS needs expansions and additions.

ToTBellHop

I don't understand all of this Phase 3 talk. Sure it would be great to have a phase 3 and really polish off this park. But, Honestly when would they start Phase 3? Finish Toyland in 2 years, Star Wars in 4. It's now 2020. Ok, time to start phase 3 as we open a huge area we can close another. Or maybe we should re-evaluate and spend the money on Epcot. It's just too early to be discussing a Phase 3. Also, what should go in Phase 3, more toons like Monsters or Cars or maybe Indiana, who knows how these IP are going to be doing in 4-5 years. So much can change. If they had a phase 3 planed and budgeted, I'm not at all surprised it was cancelled. It sounds like it was a bad management decision to begin with. If Phase 3 was budgeted and all along it was not a huge expansion but just a clean up and polish of the rest of the park great! Thinking that far ahead is necessary but also you need to be able to allow for change, seems silly to have had another expansion already budgeted at this point. Let's be happy the park is getting some attention, be upset that maybe ToyStoryLand got cut a little bit, but in all seriousness how excited were we for ToyStoryLand. Are the kids really going to be upset that there is a lift hill and trench missing. Just get it done so there is a place for the kids.
Our insiders give us information that is great but plans change and maybe it's best if we don't always know about them. You don't know what your missing if you never knew it was a possibility. There is plenty of other things to get mad about, broken Yeti's, Frozen in Epcot, re-theming ToT to GotG, Decline of Epcot, I don't need to get mad about the possibility that there might not be a Phase 3.
Remember that time HKDL had no where near enough to do and therefore had three new lands under construction at once? Me too.

doctornick

Remember that time HKDL had no where near enough to do and therefore had three new lands under construction at once? Me too.

Yep. Without a Phase 3, we would be losing LMA, OMD, the HISTK playground and Backlot Tour and gain 2 TSL rides and 2 SW rides. Maybe some shows get updated, but this park needs a ton more to fill out a day. It's really needs Phase 3 and Phase 4.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sorry if I am repeating something that has already been said...but.referring to the latest news item on this site regarding the new construction walls..where did the rumor start that Star Wars Land was going to be built where Echo Lake/Indy is???? I believe both of those areas are very much open and no closing dates have been announced..??

Its been very clear for awhile now that SWL and TSL are being built where attractions have been demolished or walls have gone up.....

There are a number of people on this board with good track records with inside information who have said that what they have heard, and are still hearing, that it will most likely go in the in the Echo Lake area most likely taking out Indy and extending into the parking lot.

Mawg

I don't follow the foreign parks, so no. If you think it is a possibility, then great, I would be all for it. Heck close the whole park, I'm not planning on going back anytime soon. But, do you really think they would close off another huge section at this point or at least wait until Toyland is complete?

ToTBellHop

I don't follow the foreign parks, so no. If you think it is a possibility, then great, I would be all for it. Heck close the whole park, I'm not planning on going back anytime soon. But, do you really think they would close off another huge section at this point or at least wait until Toyland is complete?
I agree they'd wait for TSL to come online. That had been the plan anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom