Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

JustInTime

Does the possibly of Star Wars ending up in the former back lot indicate a canceled phase 3? I feel like this wasn't the original plan and since phase three is canceled that's where they stuck it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Another interesting this to note is that the South Florida Water Management District permit does not show the removal of this body of water.

Capture.JPG

lnsemsf

Ok, I'm having trouble following the logic here. (I admit I have not been keeping up with this thread.) It sounds like everyone thought SWL was going to be built in the Indy/Echo lake area, and toward the front/parking lot side of the park, if for no other reason than that was where the most obvious space was. Possibly because of proximity to Star Tours. But then it was announced that backlot tour, SOA, LMA, etc were closing presently. Why would they close that corner of the park if it was only to be used as a possible Phase 3? As soon as they announced those closures, that pretty much guarantees that it's for SWL. Otherwise, a full half of the park would be out of commission for years. Right? Am I missing something? I suppose it's possible they would close SOA et al just because access would be gone once TSL and SWL construction starts.

Stop making sense, it'll just inflame all these people here who clearly know what's happening and why it's the wrong move for the parks.

doctornick

Ok edited to not include star tours.

View attachment 137179

So, going back to this idea (if SW is indeed going into the SoA area). Could the old NY street end up being this part of the expansion:

images

The old HISTK playground is a large space on the side of that which could house a store or restaurant. If the Writer's Stop ends up going away, it's on the edge of that too and could be used for a small shop.

Yes, this leaves Muppets as an island, but it's always sorta been secluded/tucked away. Wouldn't be much different than Toontown being cut off (especially the DL version).

mm52200

What if SWL went back where LMA and SoA are but the entrance was by current Star Tours like the parade gates and the land wrapped around behind Star Tours through current backstage looping behind Muppets and connect back where LMA and Catastrophe Canyon were? Something like that could probably work I imagine.

ToTBellHop

What if SWL went back where LMA and SoA are but the entrance was by current Star Tours like the parade gates and the land wrapped around behind Star Tours through current backstage looping behind Muppets and connect back where LMA and Catastrophe Canyon were? Something like that could probably work I imagine.
Not enough room.

upload_2016-4-7_11-56-41.png

Those of you wizards over calculating acreage, a question:

Since a moved SWL would not use Backlot Express, Indy, or Sounds Dangerous as originally planned, how much space would be there for a Phase 3 (include the green buildings backstage)? Eyeballing it, it looks like 8 or 9 acres? More if they include parking. That's enough for a good land if they don't waste space like they are in Toy Story Land. Maybe they can hand that space over to some Disneyland designers...

Last edited:

clemmo

So assuming swl does go to the backlot, what happens to phase 3 or the rumored phase 4? Going to be a little disappointed if tsl is the only Pixar property as it's far overused anyway

P_Radden

I mentioned this on another thread. I believe this to be a good option but they would have to move the road first to expand the park around the back of muppets courtyard like this:
swlguess.jpg

The SoA area could be used for construction staging for both TSL and SWL then eventually be its own phase.

Just a thought

PrincessNelly_NJ

Maybe I'm misinterpreting something, but didn't the original DHS expansions permits indicate that the "main" entrance was being rerouted and that the boundaries of the park would expand in the south/southeast direction? If that's still the case, surely there's enough room to go behind Muppets and connect Star Tours and LMA without any major issues.
I was just about to say this! Wasn't it rumored that some parking lot space may be used as well? Seems like a large amount of space is still left.

JRS1984

Would phase three now be Indy, Star Tours and backlot express. They could keep this area the same until the SWL and TSL open and then close these for phase 3. What about this:
upload_2016-4-7_11-56-41.png

doctornick

I mentioned this on another thread. I believe this to be a good option but they would have to move the road first to expand the park around the back of muppets courtyard like this:
View attachment 137268

The SoA area could be used for construction staging for both TSL and SWL then eventually be its own phase.

Just a thought

If Star Wars going into the SoA area, it would seem a big reason for that would be to get it built ASAP. If they have to wait to have the new toll plaza/entry road build and then pave over a bunch of swamp land, then there's no accelerated timeframe. Might as well build in Echo Lake over Indy/backstage/existing parking at that point.

ToTBellHop

Would phase three now be Indy, Star Tours and backlot express. They could keep this area the same until the SWL and TSL open and then close these for phase 3. What about this:
View attachment 137269
Star Tours will stay although I suppose they could retheme it depending on the theme of Phase 3. An Indy-themed Phase 3 would be phenomenal for the park.

P_Radden

If Star Wars going into the SoA area, it would seem a big reason for that would be to get it built ASAP. If they have to wait to have the new toll plaza/entry road build and then pave over a bunch of swamp land, then there's no accelerated timeframe. Might as well build in Echo Lake over Indy/backstage/existing parking at that point.

Yeah I thought that by now we'd be seeing some site work for the relocated entrance road. Hopefully that will begin soon enough

ToTBellHop

Yeah, I really doubt that would be the plan. They are currently clearing more than 14 acres so there's no real need to wait.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Maybe this happen (just a joke). Guys in the sign shop talking. Cast Member #1; "What do you want me to do with this Star Wars Sign until the fence goes up on new construction site." Cast member #2; "Can't keep it here so just put it up on that wall that we work on yesterday, no one will pay any attention anyway. We can move it to the right location late."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom