Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Donaldfan1934

I wouldn't expect Star Tours to remain in DL Tomorrowland long after SWL opens.

(Not that I'm saying it'll be moving across the park either)
Well that makes the situation in DL even worse. I always hated how they were putting the land in a park that it didn't belong in, but are they seriously getting rid of a classic instead of moving it to a more fitting location? That's just sad, the whole thing is sad in my eyes.

matt9112

Just further confirmation of what we expected, the Muppets isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Beyond what insiders have said, this is the single strongest piece of evidence that SWL is going in the Echo Lake area. Much easier to connect it to Star Tours from there, then if it is in the LMA area.

In theory if they used a dense "envelope" style to build the land like diagon ally couldn't they connect it anywhere?

britain

From what I've heard the land is NOT being built right next to Star Tours. It's replacing Streets of America, and the now-staying Muppet Courtyard is right in between. Unless there's some sort of StarTours/Yoda/Muppets/Yoda/StarWars transition, it won't make sense for Star Tours to be there for long, just like DL.

PizzaPlanet

From what I've heard the land is NOT being built right next to Star Tours. It's replacing Streets of America, and the now-staying Muppet Courtyard is right in between. Unless there's some sort of StarTours/Yoda/Muppets/Yoda/StarWars transition, it won't make sense for Star Tours to be there for long, just like DL.
Unless they turn echo lake into "Lucas Land". There they could have indiana jones, star tours, and a rethemed backlot express.

djkidkaz

Couldn't they essentially have a walking path route around Muppets that drops you off at Star Tours? Essentially blocking your view on both sides so Muppets isn't an intrusion. Something like this:
mgm.jpg

This could be the path that blocks your view:
Star-Wars-Land-9.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Streets of America alone doesn't have enough room for SWL, do you mean the LMA area also?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Couldn't they essentially have a walking path route around Muppets that drops you off at Star Tours? Essentially blocking your view on both sides so Muppets isn't an intrusion. Something like this:
View attachment 134878

This could be the path that blocks your view:
View attachment 134879

But we are hearing that Mama Melrose is staying with a re-theme and have a permit that supports this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe I'm confused about the layoit of the park but couldn't they just use current backstage space to route you around that? Again, I'm assuming SWL is going where Indy is but I'm just playing devils advocate for folks that believe it's going SOA.

Yes, they could, but given a choice between the two locations, connecting to Star Tours is much easier from the Echo Lake area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom