Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The reason that whole connecting star tours situation is no evidence to me is because of Disneyland. They're not connecting them there, and as much as I would like them to in Florida, there's no way to know for sure. But yes muppets is staying. Hoping we get an update
I wouldn't expect Star Tours to remain in DL Tomorrowland long after SWL opens.

(Not that I'm saying it'll be moving across the park either)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When has 1/3rd of a park been used for a "staging area"?
It won't. You have 2 active construction sites plus a staging area taking up 1/3 of the park. When they did FLE it took 4 years from ground breaking until it was fully open because they used the mine train site for staging and then when the other areas were mostly done worked on that ride. This avoids that lengthy construction by having a separate staging area. For Avatar the staging area was behind Asia in an open space not open to guests. DHS doesn't have that much open space. They need a staging area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm still wondering why they're closing all of that FIRST.
Let me try to explain.

LMA has been on the hit list for three years now. It's closing.

LMA and Cat Canyon will be the staging area for SWL and TSL. Once these lands are complete the said staging area can be utilised for other things.

With LMA gone and no access through Pixar Place there's nothing to see nor anyway to get through from SOA area to TSMM area. So they're closing each end where the last open attraction is located - Muppets and TSMM.

Daveeeeed

Wrong park - DHS, not DLR.
I was replying to the comment about if it'll be next to Critter Country, so taking that I am going to assume that for there the discussion was of dlr. When I replied to you about timing I was referring mainly to hws, but maybe even dlr too. Of course Critter Country is not in HWS.

doctornick

Let me try to explain.

LMA has been on the hit list for three years now. It's closing.

LMA and Cat Canyon will be the staging area for SWL and TSL. Once these lands are complete the said staging area can be utilised for other things.

With LMA gone and no access through Pixar Place there's nothing to see nor anyway to get through from SOA area to TSMM area. So they're closing each end where the last open attraction is located - Muppets and TSMM.

There will still be a path from Muppetvision to where Sci-Fi Dine is, right?

Ignohippo

Just further confirmation of what we expected, the Muppets isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Beyond what insiders have said, this is the single strongest piece of evidence that SWL is going in the Echo Lake area. Much easier to connect it to Star Tours from there, then if it is in the LMA area.

The best confirmation for me was the map from DL's area. The configuration is exactly the same as the Echo Lake area at DHS (including the lake and walking paths).

I'm still not sure ST is staying either way, so I wouldn't look as the location of ST as any kind of confirmation, unfortunately. It will more than likely be leaving DL, so the same could certainly be true at DHS (as completely ludicrous as that would be).

Donaldfan1934

The best confirmation for me was the map from DL's area. The configuration is exactly the same as the Echo Lake area at DHS (including the lake and walking paths).

I'm still not sure ST is staying either way, so I wouldn't look as the location of ST as any kind of confirmation, unfortunately. It will more than likely be leaving DL, so the same could certainly be true at DHS (as completely ludicrous as that would be).
I would be deeply saddened if they built the land and tore down Star Tours. I can't fathom why they would close it considering they just redid the entire experience in 2011. Also, the 2011 ride just started construction Paris so it makes little sense to remove a ride that they're still building around the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom