Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

KingOfEpicocity

No! Everything about your behavior makes you a troll. You add nothing to the conversation and intentionally **** people off with imbecilic nonsense. IE: a troll. You have absolutely no intentions of having a rational or civil conversation. You come here with only one purpose and that is to anger people.

my point is not to anger anyone. my point is to make a point, maybe universal isnt as godly as everyone say it is

BrianLo

Actually, Cars Land was announced after Potter broke ground.

Sorry, I'm ignoring the meltdown going on to just have a side conversation here.

Rumours of Carsland circulated December 2006 with unofficial concept art released by Disney in an imagineering book.
The first rumours of Harry Potter seem to occur around January 2006 (although clearly both Disney and Universal would have been well aware of that development).
Harry Potter was announced May 31, 2007
Cars Land was announced October 17, 2007
Harry Potter may have had some backstage prep in January 2008, but it's hard to nail down
The Flying Unicorn, Enchanted Oak Tavern and Dragon's Keep Closed July 7, 2008

So to recap:
-Carsland came to fruition fairly independently at the same time as Potter.
-Disney is lumbering and takes forever, that's why it took so damn long and everyone thinks Potter was 'first', it was only just the first to actually be built.
-Pandora on the other hand was Definitely a knee jerk reaction to the huge crowds Potter had been bringing it, both Uni and Disney were shocked, no doubts about that.
-Star Wars will have very much learned from it's three most important predecessors: Hogsmead, Carsland and Diagon. We can mostly thank Carsland and Diagon in particular that made the BOD say "no, you need to do this right from the start. This needs to be the best yet".
-But, Carsland was in no way a result of Harry Potter, despite what people seem to think with their fuzzy memories.

RSoxNo1

Your avatar point is correct, but what would harry potter be without the tie in?? WE know WDI is capable of Amazing attractions (everest for example) but they just dont have the confidence to do it...
I opened up the article talking about how great Harry Potter is, but the point of the article is that there should be a healthy mixture. However, due to Harry Potter's success, the trend has now shifted to all IP based content. There's more to the argument than that, but that's the basic points.

olie64

@DarthFiscus75 Watch saying full day park around these parts, not to long ago people were saying shut the whole place down. Once SOA were said to closed what the point of keeping the park open.

jt04

Watch saying full day park around these parts, not to long ago people were saying shut the whole place down. Once SOA where closed whats the point of keeping the park open.
Because the transformation is fascinating to many. DCA did OK during its transition. True Imagineering fans.

olie64

My opinion is things have been rearranged to keep as much stuff open as possible for as long as possible. DCA faced a far more complicated process. All my opinion.

I was being very scarcity I should have put ;) I cant wait to see everything that is going to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom