Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

KingOfEpicocity

Is Slink-Dog a C? Serious question. I struggle to imagine a coaster as a C (unless it's Barnstormer, which this isn't).

Not that I'm arguing with you. I understand your point is that the use of screens is very in and will feature in most, if not all, major expenditures going forward. We would have said the same about Audio-Animatronics figures in days of yore.

Yet unlike Screens, AAs are massively impressive and have room to be improved

rioriz

Is Slink-Dog a C? Serious question. I struggle to imagine a coaster as a C (unless it's Barnstormer, which this isn't).

Not that I'm arguing with you. I understand your point is that the use of screens is very in and will feature in most, if not all, major expenditures going forward. We would have said the same about Audio-Animatronics figures in days of yore.
I also struggle to see Slinky as a C, especially with a launch portion. It looks on par with Big Grizzly Mountain which is a definite E due to the theming and ride. Without the grand theming of BGM, I would call Slinky a D

KingOfEpicocity

I also struggle to see Slinky as a C, especially with a launch portion. It looks on par with Big Grizzly Mountain which is a definite E due to the theming and ride. Without the grand theming of BGM, I would call Slinky a D

The real question is what fast pass category will it be in lol

BrianLo

I've not head. Though it would depend what the second level was planned for.

Seems to be mostly guest flow related and a means of getting guests over the berm. The land / show buildings are to be sunk somewhat into the ground at DL. No solid evidence yet that there is two levels to the core retail/dining, depends how seriously they are about having an operational means of getting through the land without guests being sidetracked. Although it certainly appears that are multiple 'elevated' pathways and means to get up to it.

Also a good operational way of dealing with the night entertainment and likely crushing opening crowds.

ToTBellHop

No I just think the rides lack of screens makes it a huge universal disappointment!
Screens serve a purpose if they are able to expand a scene. However, I'm not a huge fan of rides that are almost-exclusively screen-based. I find Forbidden Journey to be a very effective mix of practical and screen. I would hope the First Order ride strikes a similar balance. Gringotts did not.

KingOfEpicocity

Screens serve a purpose if they are able to expand a scene. However, I'm not a huge fan of rides that are almost-exclusively screen-based. I find Forbidden Journey to be a very effective mix of practical and screen. I would hope the First Order ride strikes a similar balance. Gringotts did not.

Every time I see a screen I groan. I'm impressed by technology you don't know how it works. For example, dinosaur. So much going on in there, it's still extremely impressive.

ToTBellHop

Every time I see a screen I groan. I'm impressed by technology you don't know how it works. For example, dinosaur. So much going on in there, it's still extremely impressive.
If your line-in-the-sand is "any screens," you will be hard-pressed to find happiness in any world-class theme park moving forward. There are ways for screens to impress--as long as you don't feel like you're just watching a movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom