Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

lebeau

Have you contracted blindness?

Only when I am on attractions where the lights are shut off to hide all the broken effects.

Incidentally, do you really not know how audio-animatronics work? Because there are books, websites TV programs that explain the antiquated technology. There's at least one program on Travel Channel that explains the ride technology, operation and maintenance of Dinosaur specifically. It's less mystifying than Gringotts in terms of technological advancements.

Or perhaps you are struggling to find a way to justify your personal preference.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think you can interpret what I'm saying correctly unfortunately.

I have no problem with reading comprehension, maybe you aren't expressing yourself properly. The original poster said "screens server a purpose" and you responded that you "groan" everytime you see a screen, but then went on to say the SDMT and LM screens are ok. The point is that screens, like any other ride technology, are not a issue of good/bad, they are all tools for the ride designer. The key is to use them appropriately.

KingOfEpicocity

Only when I am on attractions where the lights are shut off to hide all the broken effects.

Incidentally, do you really not know how audio-animatronics work? Because there are books, websites TV programs that explain the antiquated technology. There's at least one program on Travel Channel that explains the ride technology, operation and maintenance of Dinosaur specifically. It's less mystifying than Gringotts in terms of technological advancements.

Or perhaps you are struggling to find a way to justify your personal preference.

My personal
Preference is it takes a lot more effort to create an animatronic figure than it does placing a projector on a wall. Therefor I find it more impressive.

KingOfEpicocity

I have no problem with reading comprehension, maybe you aren't expressing yourself properly. The original poster said "screens server a purpose" and you responded that you "groan" everytime you see a screen, but then went on to say the SDMT and LM screens are ok. The point is that screens, like any other ride technology, are not a issue of good/bad, they are all tools for the ride designer. The key is to use them appropriately.

Use them as an effect. Not apart of the main focus of the attraction itself.

lebeau

My personal
Preference is it takes a lot more effort to create an animatronic figure than it does placing a projector on a wall. Therefor I find it more impressive.

So execution doesn't matter to you at all? A singing fish from Wal-greens hanging on someone's wall is automatically more impressive than any ride utilizing a screen?

Or perhaps screens and animatronics are both tools to be used by ride designers. Sometimes a screen will be more effective. Other times animatronics will fit the bill better. While I will profess to a preference for animatronics over screens when it makes sense to do so, I would never restrict a ride designer from using one of the tools in their toolbox when it is appropriate to do so.

But then, I have a tendency to be reasonable and am not prone to outrageous generalizations. Not everyone is like that.

KingOfEpicocity

So execution doesn't matter to you at all? A singing fish from Wal-greens hanging on someone's wall is automatically more impressive than any ride utilizing a screen?

Or perhaps screens and animatronics are both tools to be used by ride designers. Sometimes a screen will be more effective. Other times animatronics will fit the bill better. While I will profess to a preference for animatronics over screens when it makes sense to do so, I would never restrict a ride designer from using one of the tools in their toolbox when it is appropriate to do so.

But then, I have a tendency to be reasonable and am not prone to outrageous generalizations. Not everyone is like that.

Let's say a show like American adventure. It uses a host of animatronic figures and sets as well as a huge projection screen to tell the story of America. If dinosaur consisted of riding from screen to screen while a flat Dino came at you in 3D. Then I would groan. (I.e. Spider-Man)

lebeau

Let's say a show like American adventure. It uses a host of animatronic figures and sets as well as a huge projection screen to tell the story of America. If dinosaur consisted of riding from screen to screen while a flat Dino came at you in 3D. Then I would groan. (I.e. Spider-Man)

Or Mickey's Philharmagic, It's Tough to Be a Bug, The Pixar Shorts thing that replaced Captain Eo?

Or any of the many movies in Epcot's World Showcase?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom