Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

SCOTLORR

So is the Millennium Falcon ride a replacement for Star Tours? because it looks like C3PO in the pilot's seat of this as well
Star-Wars-Land_Full_26850.jpg
I think thats just a guest on the ride.

bakntime

So is the Millennium Falcon ride a replacement for Star Tours? because it looks like C3PO in the pilot's seat of this as well
Star-Wars-Land_Full_26850.jpg
I think it's just a pre-viz easter egg. This attraction won't be taking over Star Tours. Especially not with the way it was described as you being able to control the Falcon and shoot at things. There's no way 30+ people on board a Star Tours simulator could all control the vehicle and shoot. I expect the vehicles to be low capacity (maybe 3-5 people?), but there will probably be dozens of them running at once.

SCOTLORR

a crap ton of cockpits...
Considering the show building size (From mice chat), that must be it. Since the ride will most likely be screen based, the ride vehicles (Falcon Cockpits) and queue will take up all the room as there won't be a moving vehicle that will have to go through the building. That will be a lot of cockpits... how many do you think would be needed to give the ride solid capacity?

PumpkinEeyore

For the Falcon ride, how are they gonna make everyone think they're personally piloting the millennium falcon? We know there are only four seats in the cockpit, so I'm curious to find out how they'll do this without capacity issues.

I'm not sure if it's been said anywhere on here, but I am expecting that you will personally pilot the Millennium Falcon like you personally pilot the spaceships to Mars on Mission: Space. Each rider may have individual controls that ultimately don't do much, or this attraction may have more of an interactive shooter aspect like Midway Mania, or maybe even like the Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold attraction at DisneyQuest.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Considering the show building size (From mice chat), that must be it. Since the ride will most likely be screen based, the ride vehicles (Falcon Cockpits) and queue will take up all the room as there won't be a moving vehicle that will have to go through the building. That will be a lot of cockpits... how many do you think would be needed to give the ride solid capacity?

You could compare it to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey which uses a four rider ride vehicle. Accoriding to the following link it has a theoretical capacticy of 2880 per hour.

https://parkpedia.wordpress.com/harry-potter-and-the-forbidden-journey/

SCOTLORR

I'm not sure if it's been said anywhere on here, but I am expecting that you will personally pilot the Millennium Falcon like you personally pilot the spaceships to Mars on Mission: Space. Each rider may have individual controls that ultimately don't do much, or this attraction may have more of an interactive shooter aspect like Midway Mania, or maybe even like the Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold attraction at DisneyQuest.
The difference of the M:S vehicles and what the millennium falcon vehicles will be is that there is only one falcon in the Star Wars universe, while there can be many space shuttles that are going to mars (Used in M:S). Therefore, there is going to have to be a good amount of hiding things with theming and different rooms for pre-shows of the ride so that the guest believes the falcon they persnonally are about to board is the only one.

DocHoliday

I am just curious how they will maintain the illusion of the guest being in the Falcon. I'm guessing you enter through a facade and maybe the cockpit closes off and detaches?

BrianLo

The cockpits move through the show building, this has been confirmed by a ton of insiders.

It's a simulator of sorts on a ride track, much like Forbidden Journey.

I'm not sure why everyone is struggling so much with understanding that this is nothing like Star Tours.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I'm voting for 7 people on-ride: four in the cockpit, two in the gunner chairs and for those who don't like thrills they can stay in the main hold area playing Dejarik. Just make sure you let the wookie win...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom