Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

So, what, they're serving nerf steaks or something? Or bantha burgers?

Yes, that's exactly what I would expect. I know some of the Star Wars encyclopedias do have food listed, so there is stuff to draw from (though I guess it's not technically canon any more). Would be cool if they actually would sell some exotic food from other countries to have things be distinct rather than just ordinary items with weird names.

Oh, and surely there will be blue milk.

drummond

Such a lost opportunity, so sad.

Do you even hear yourself? This hasn't even broke ground and you're calling it a "lost opportunity" and "so sad"? The thing that is sad is posts like these. Probably a troll, but I wouldn't be surprised if you actually already have it in your head that this whole this is a disappointment when we know next to nothing about it. So sad.

Last edited:

nerdboyrockstar

The presentation seemed to hint that it would be authentic food ("actually tasting the local delicacies") as opposed to puns.

nzls07.png

Crazydisneyfanluke

Do you even hear yourself? This hasn't even broke ground and you're calling it a "lost opportunity" and "so sad"? The things that is sad is posts like these. Probably a troll, but I wouldn't be surprised if you actually already have it in your head that this whole this is a disappointment when we know next to nothing about it. So sad.
The land wont be a disapointment. It will be highly themed and ancored with a e-ticket ride. Insiders have pointed to be trackless ride system could use some screens. Worst comes to worst, it will be mostly screens. If that was the case it would be a lost opportunity. I was talking about the ride and that possiblilty, not the land itself.

drummond

The land wont be a disapointment. It will be highly themed and ancored with a e-ticket ride. Insiders have pointed to be trackless ride system could use some screens. Worst comes to worst, it will be mostly screens. If that was the case it would be a lost opportunity. I was talking about the ride and that possiblilty, not the land itself.

How about oh, I don't know, wait until it's open and you've visited to form an opinion? Just a crazy thought.

Crazydisneyfanluke

How about oh, I don't know, wait until it's open and you've visited to form an opinion? Just a crazy thought.
Whats crazy is you think i have formed that opinion on it.
My opinion so far is: Im excited for StarWars land.
Edit: If your strongly offened by what i have said, message me. I dont wish to discuss this here.

DisneyJunkie

Personally, I'm still a big underwhelmed even with these new details. When I think Star Wars, and what they could do in a park, I'd like to walk around the Death Star.......not alien planet market places. The opportunity to pilot the Falcon is a good idea, and so is having a restaurant or two.......but as far as the overall look of the area based on those sketches and artwork, I'm not overly excited. And I'm a Star Wars fan, too.

Clowd Nyne

Personally, I'm still a big underwhelmed even with these new details. When I think Star Wars, and what they could do in a park, I'd like to walk around the Death Star.......not alien planet market places. The opportunity to pilot the Falcon is a good idea, and so is having a restaurant or two.......but as far as the overall look of the area based on those sketches and artwork, I'm not overly excited. And I'm a Star Wars fan, too.
The Death Star blew up... Twice

Clowd Nyne

Oh and sorry if I missed it. Am I to believe there will be a millienium falcon walk though ala Swiss family Robinson tree house as well as the ride?

BoarderPhreak

Excited? You betcha!

This has the chance to be a truly extravagant, well-themed land based on a hugely popular icon. If done right, it would most definitely re-energize HS (along with Avatarland in AK). I just hope Disney keeps it more accessible; I'm a bit hesitant of the dining club/show. And a market, well... This is Disney after all. The concept art looks a lot like the souq in Morocco @ EC, heh.

The problem is, this will be YEARS in the making, let alone open to the public. :(

ToTBellHop

Oh and sorry if I missed it. Am I to believe there will be a millienium falcon walk though ala Swiss family Robinson tree house as well as the ride?
Yes.

Also, the First Order ride uses screens for backgrounds and some characters, but also physical effects and AAs. Falcon ride is screen-based, of course, but a very different ride system from the 25-year old Star Tours.

dreamscometrue

Yes.

Also, the First Order ride uses screens for backgrounds and some characters, but also physical effects and AAs. Falcon ride is screen-based, of course, but a very different ride system from the 25-year old Star Tours.
For every reasonable person on here with actual information (like you), there are several who post ridiculous 'information' and try to impress with 'facts'. Those of us who've been here awhile have trouble taking those people seriously. I appreciate all the banter, speculation, opinions and chatter on these boards, but for some of the relatively new people trying to impress with insider info, we know the few people on here with legit insider sources.
"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny; consume you it will." Yoda

Chris82

Yeah, I'm aware that this puts me in the minority, but I was never a fan of the "generic planet" idea for the land. It solves a few problems, for sure, but at the cost of feeling very bland and not particularly Star Wars-y. I would've set it in a space station, like an orbital rebel base or something (maybe based off X-Wing vs TIE Fighter :D). After all, one of the keywords in "Star Wars" is "Star." There's a reason every movie opens with a starfield.

The choice of attractions has also been curious to me. For me, the central fantasies in Star Wars involve (1) being a Jedi and (2) piloting an X-Wing. The Millenium Falcon is all right, I guess, but an order of magnitude less cool than an 1- or 2-man starfighter. And there seems to be a decided lack of lightsabers and Force powers in the concepts presented thus far. While Universal seems to get the basic fantasy of Harry Potter reasonably well (wands! butterbeer!), Disney's Star Wars concepts seem a little tone deaf to me. But then again, I'm weird :p

djkidkaz

Yes.

@marni1971 said that it would use something like the domed screens in FJ and have an actual moving ride system. So we are getting two rides that are not stationary for those worried about getting another Star Tours.

veritas55

the presentation of SW Land (or Experience) was underwhelmingly last night.
But I remain excited about the ideas shown in the concept art. Unlike some others, I think it was a very smart idea to create a "new" planet and invoke a Tattoine-like atmosphere. Something extremely literal to the films invites comparisons of it not being like the films.
If the Battle ride is a hyped up Ratatouille-like ride (or Mystic Manor-ish), I am thrilled. It's the Falcon ride that I wonder a little bit more about - will it feel like something more than a newer simulator ride?
I also think a higher-end, immersive, cantina-like restaurant could be great if they really go all-out in immersion.

twebber55

the presentation of SW Land (or Experience) was underwhelmingly last night.
But I remain excited about the ideas shown in the concept art. Unlike some others, I think it was a very smart idea to create a "new" planet and invoke a Tattoine-like atmosphere. Something extremely literal to the films invites comparisons of it not being like the films.
If the Battle ride is a hyped up Ratatouille-like ride (or Mystic Manor-ish), I am thrilled. It's the Falcon ride that I wonder a little bit more about - will it feel like something more than a newer simulator ride?
I also think a higher-end, immersive, cantina-like restaurant could be great if they really go all-out in immersion.
cant give away all the goods about star wars land when we re so far out
expect a gradual releasing of info just like some of the other projects going on with probably a big announcement at D23 in 2017

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom