Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

PorterRedkey

Re: that Screamscape Millennium Falcon rumor.

There is an expression about the sun shining on a dog some days... the same holds true for Screamscape.

I wouldn't exactly call the MF attraction a Forbidden Journey clone... but, the way the ride was described to me has some comparisons about moving the RV around. The queue to RV should be quite a treat for everyone.

I'm still more excited about the Resistance/Adventure/Battle attraction.

In other SWL related things... that Adventureland Pirate test. Interesting concept isn't it.
That is one reason I wanted to put it out here on the forum, so some real insiders could weigh in on the validity of the rumor. I am so excited for this land. I can't help but think about his rumor even though it may have no basis in fact.

Forgive me, what does RV stand for?

dstrawn9889

I believe the Simson's screens are stationary. This would be more like the scenes in Harry Potter - Forbidden journey where the screen is moving along a track at the same speed the ride vehicle is moving in front of the screen. Sounds cool, but it's only a rumor.
kind of like the old carousel in JII

JediMasterMatt

Just a casual reminder for everyone - the Force at DHS can't awaken until Toy Story Land is operational. So, those with Go Fever in this thread need to cast their impatient eyes on the TSL thread. That's where the real motivation to get the ball moving needs to come from.

Trust me on this. None of us want to experience a DHS with SWL online WITHOUT having TSL available.

doctornick

Just a casual reminder for everyone - the Force at DHS can't awaken until Toy Story Land is operational. So, those with Go Fever in this thread need to cast their impatient eyes on the TSL thread. That's where the real motivation to get the ball moving needs to come from.

Trust me on this. None of us want to experience a DHS with SWL online WITHOUT having TSL available.

And, heck, they should really do even more than the paltry TSL additions before adding SW. I'm hoping we might see a few other smaller things get added in the interim.

Anyway, given Martin's timeframe, could we be looking at a late 2019 opening for Star Wars?

MaxW

And, heck, they should really do even more than the paltry TSL additions before adding SW. I'm hoping we might see a few other smaller things get added in the interim.

Anyway, given Martin's timeframe, could we be looking at a late 2019 opening for Star Wars?
id love that soon

tokengator

Re: that Screamscape Millennium Falcon rumor.

There is an expression about the sun shining on a dog some days... the same holds true for Screamscape.

I wouldn't exactly call the MF attraction a Forbidden Journey clone... but, the way the ride was described to me has some comparisons about moving the RV around. The queue to RV should be quite a treat for everyone.

I'm still more excited about the Resistance/Adventure/Battle attraction.

In other SWL related things... that Adventureland Pirate test. Interesting concept isn't it.

I really like the implication of your last sentence. Exactly the type of thing that would take SWL to the next level

tokengator

No, because frankly, any information about the Star Wars lands (which are not expected to open until we have several more new Star Wars movies in and out of theaters), would just get buried at this point. And please, on today of all days - thank the man - he saved Star Wars...if it wasn't for Iger, Lucas wouldn't have sold to anyone else, and Lucasfilm needed to make another set of SW films to stay in business - so we could be watching a A Film By George Lucas today and tomorrow...a frightening concept.

It would be much smarter to wait for a lull (well, what will qualify as a lull - much like crowds at WDW, there aren't going to be many "slow" Star Wars "seasons" for the foreseeable future). Look what happened the last time - they waited until there was a lull in TFA news, and the news of Disney Star Wars additions made the front pages of places like CNN. If they released anything like that right now, it would be page 3...

I would expect very little for a very long time, because frankly - the attractions aren't opening for years, and there is so much other Star Wars product to discuss and release info about, that it simply makes no sense for them to do so. I'm sure for folks like us at a site like this, we'll start hearing more sooner or later - but it's in Disney's best interest all around to not be making a fuss about something that is a good 3-4 years out at the least.

this sounds plausible if not likely, I am just not sure when the lull will be.

we have
2015 - Star war FA
2016 - Rogue One
2017/2018 - Star wars tbd
and then the hans solo movie mixed in here somewhere along with the 3rd star wars

Last edited:

tokengator

I went over to Adventureland Pirate test thread and liked what I saw. Hopefully it carries over to SWL.

imagine walking through SWL and suddenly seeing a team of storm troopers marching through the crowd in a hurried pace like they have battle stations that need to be manned immediately ....among many other neat little things like this they could do throughout the day

little things like this will make a big difference. Huge difference actually. It really brings the theme of the land to life and interacting with the visitors

lazyboy97o

this sounds plausible if not likely, I am just not sure when the lull will be.

we have
2015 - Star war FA
2016 - Rogue One
2017/2018 - Star wars tbd
and then the hands solo movie mixed in here somewhere
Episodes VIII and IX are already committed to 2017 and 2019 with an Anthology film between them (2018) and likely after as well (2020).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom