Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

tokengator

ya we are about to be flooded with star wars -- I for one can't wait.

and of course the rumors of a Bobba fett movie somewhere along the lines as well.

and the more I read and hear about rogue one the more excited I am getting. I am loving the idea of the extended large scale hoth battles that is rumored.....and of course the complete different 'commoner of the star wars universe' perspective that the movie is supposed to provide

AmUK

I don't believe for a moment they are going to build this. Not with Bob Iger in charge.

1) He will build a cheap Toy Story Land, complete with cheap generic coaster. Go youtube various Toy Story Lands in Paris and Hong Kong and look at how cheap they are. This will keep the masses happy.

2) He will keep insisting we are building Star Wars. Even at the next expo evvent, he will show some plans, but nothing more. Crowds will cheer.

3) Iger will leave with all profits high as he hasn't spent anything.

4) Next CEO will have to clear up the mess Iger has left.

Where is the construction, where are the plans? Nothing. DHS has been down for years now, and they have had the Star Wars franchise for nigh on 3 years.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I don't believe for a moment they are going to build this. Not with Bob Iger in charge.

1) He will build a cheap Toy Story Land, complete with cheap generic coaster. Go youtube various Toy Story Lands in Paris and Hong Kong and look at how cheap they are. This will keep the masses happy.

2) He will keep insisting we are building Star Wars. Even at the next expo evvent, he will show some plans, but nothing more. Crowds will cheer.

Where is the construction, where are the plans? Nothing. DHS has been down for years now, and they have had the Star Wars franchise for nigh on 3 years.
So what you are insinuating is that DHS will remain a half shuttered park indefinitely?

RSoxNo1

They will build this, because they have to build this. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, "[Disney] will always do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options."

G00fyDad

Here is what I think of every time I see one of your posts on this matter...

Castle Cake Apologist

Good Lord you're exhausting.

flyerjab

Bwahahahahahahahah! :hilarious:

What is really awesome is that there is such a range of extreme opinion on the wdwmagic boards, and you routinely manage to annoy pretty much everyone…aside from @ford91exploder of course.

Marlins1

Yeah and they will never break ground on Pandora either!;)

Last edited:

tokengator

was that out loud?

Cesar R M

They will build this, because they have to build this. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, "[Disney] will always do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options."
abrahamlincolnquotes.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And, heck, they should really do even more than the paltry TSL additions before adding SW. I'm hoping we might see a few other smaller things get added in the interim.

Anyway, given Martin's timeframe, could we be looking at a late 2019 opening for Star Wars?

Whatever you are smoking please pass some around it sounds like really good stuff.

With Darth Iger in charge 2022 or so is the earlyliest id expect SWL

jmuboy

OMG. The best and the most accurate quote to describe Disney I've ever heard!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom