Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

BrianLo

I don't believe for a moment they are going to build this. Not with Bob Iger in charge.

1) He will build a cheap Toy Story Land, complete with cheap generic coaster. Go youtube various Toy Story Lands in Paris and Hong Kong and look at how cheap they are. This will keep the masses happy.

2) He will keep insisting we are building Star Wars. Even at the next expo evvent, he will show some plans, but nothing more. Crowds will cheer.

3) Iger will leave with all profits high as he hasn't spent anything.

4) Next CEO will have to clear up the mess Iger has left.

Where is the construction, where are the plans? Nothing. DHS has been down for years now, and they have had the Star Wars franchise for nigh on 3 years.

You also told us there was no way they'd announce anything at D23...

That's because there is nothing to leak. You seem to be in complete in denial about Bob Iger.

Would you wager there will be no billion dollar expansion of any park, as you believe. If you are the confident of an announcement appearing, how about you agree to never post on here again if no annoucement materialises in 6 months.

Want to take that offer up? Didn't think so.

Too bad @PhotoDave219 didn't take you up on that offer. :p

AmUK

With Bob Iger in charge, i reiterate we will see no Star Wars Land in the near future. If it is built we are looking 5-7 years away, which is a nigh on disgrace. It really it.

The film, despite all the hype, only made $30 million more than Jurassic World. I doubt it will get anywhere near Avatar, which holds the box office record.

Cesar R M

With Bob Iger in charge, i reiterate we will see no Star Wars Land in the near future. If it is built we are looking 5-7 years away, which is a nigh on disgrace. It really it.

The film, despite all the hype, only made $30 million more than Jurassic World. I doubt it will get anywhere near Avatar, which holds the box office record.
you forgot that Jurassic world got most of the money thanks to maintaining the momentum.
If TFA maintain its legs, it can surpass Jurassic World.

Matt_Black

Context is king.
So you are saying that Star Wars under performed because it only eclipsed the domestic box office record by 15%. You realize the record box office # was 200 million and not 50 million. The fact that it surpassed it by 30 million is impressive.

Regarding the total box office record, that will be a tough one; however it sounds like you will consider star wars a failure if it doesn't beat the record which is also another ridiculous thought on your part.

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to this post besides baseless negativity.

Frozen didn't beat the top total box office record either. That ain't going anywhere any time soon.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

I'm just curious; if they do actually build SWL, where will you move the goalposts next?

RSoxNo1

$100 to a charity of your choice. I say it's built by December 31st, 2020. If it's not, I pay $100, otherwise you pay $100.

NearTheEars

I'm not sure whether I should click ignore, or keep you around for the comic relief.

matt9112

So, of that list I provided, you cherry pick ONE thing?

I could argue most of those things are necessary improvements not really growth. As in those things should happen every year to a degree. (Parade) (springs) NFL was a big improvement but it didn't really solve any problems at the MK. Harambe market and NFL are the only things I could throw into a pure growth new category rest is regular stuff that should be plussed on a regular basis. Look at Disney land and than we can talk about if WDW. Has done anything.

matt9112

Like I don't have to do enough math at my day job....

Roughly 1 Chinooks for every 2-4 parking spaces depending on size and construction method.

What

30 million more without china.....the most populated country on earth...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom