Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm thinking that destroying the trams right off probably met a requirement for insurance purposes. One less attraction with human driven vehicles to insure.

Possible but why foreclose the option of running the attraction again if conditions change or repurposing the ride vehicles?

You can acheive the same thing by 'disabling' a vehicle in a prior life I held an insurance underwriters certificate, One of my Diesel pickups is in the shop for engine overhaul and upgrade and most of it's coverages have been suspended since it can't be driven it's considered 'disabled' so it's cheap to insure (but the engine work and upgrade is costing a small fortune... even though I
m doing a lot of the work)

TP2000

When does construction commence ?

Demolition and construction has already begun at Disneyland in "backstage" areas. I imagine that similar demo and construction of new backstage facilities is also underway at DHS, but is harder to see at DHS because of a lack of surface streets near the DHS backstage areas.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Demolition and construction has already begun at Disneyland in "backstage" areas. I imagine that similar demo and construction of new backstage facilities is also underway at DHS, but is harder to see at DHS because of a lack of surface streets near the DHS backstage areas.

There is no evidence anything major has started at DHS. There have been no permits for it, and the recent aerials show no changes back stage...

http://orlparkpass.com/2015/11/disneys-hollywood-studios-helicopter-photo-update/

boufa

There is no evidence anything major has started at DHS. There have been no permits for it, and the recent aerials show no changes back stage...

http://orlparkpass.com/2015/11/disneys-hollywood-studios-helicopter-photo-update/

Per the comments from the helicopter photos, it does appear that things have started, clearing buildings out of anything valuable, etc. Not sexy work, not permit required work, but necessary none the less.

It doe seem slow. But a home improvement warehouse store was approved to go in down the street from me, it was ok'd over a year ago. Not a single shovel on the property yet. We hear stories all the time of new things coming to the neighborhood, and asking for government or voter approvals, and then it takes 1-2 years before the even start building. I will believe the January time frame to start construction.

Atomicmickey

Isn't there a reasonable chance that they are emptying buildings, and doing additional surveying?
Could be stuff that doesn't need a permit, yet.
I guess I'm just assuming that they closed all that stuff for some sort of useful reason.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Per the comments from the helicopter photos, it does appear that things have started, clearing buildings out of anything valuable, etc. Not sexy work, not permit required work, but necessary none the less.

It doe seem slow. But a home improvement warehouse store was approved to go in down the street from me, it was ok'd over a year ago. Not a single shovel on the property yet. We hear stories all the time of new things coming to the neighborhood, and asking for government or voter approvals, and then it takes 1-2 years before the even start building. I will believe the January time frame to start construction.

It's certainly possible they have started to move stuff out, but the pictures they took really aren't convincing. If you look at the area in past Google Earth images you don't see stuff around the building as they suggest.

note2001

I can't wait to visit this 9 years from now when it's done!
Those without kids should consider having them now, so by the time it opens, they'll have a "Wow! That's the REAL Millennium Falcon!" SW fan to enjoy it with.

As for me, I know it'll be the real thing, the reason it's going to take so long to build is space travel takes time y'know (when your ship's not fully functional), and Han's not getting any younger. He'll be here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom