Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disone

I have a feeling that the Falcon ride will be primarily screen-based, but that the battle attraction will have more animatronics/physical scenery throughout.

My guess in the M-Falcon will be screen based, but I hope not. Star Tours is already a screen based star wars ride. The battle attraction pitting you in the middle of a epic battle.....4D movie experience.

Kman101

With all the time that has passed since those rides opened you would think the Star Wars E would surpass them, no? Unless you meant that it would equal both combined in which case sign me up :)

If they equa both, to me that COULD surpass them. I'd love nothing more. We're long overdue in WDW for something that truly WOWS. I mean, drop your jaw for days wow.

ToTBellHop

With all the time that has passed since those rides opened you would think the Star Wars E would surpass them, no? Unless you meant that it would equal both combined in which case sign me up :)
Technologically, yes. I am more hoping for similar scale and scope.

boufa

It's a nice museum
So?? There are quite a few walk through museum type things, especially at DHS. Many of the lamented removed and closed attractions at DHS are/were museums. One Man's Dream (oh, wait, that is walt, so it gets a pass), Animation Acadamy (mostly),The Film Institute thing, the Pirates Adventure. We wish Disney was something other than what it is, but in the end WDW is a physical commercial for Disney IP. And the biggest Disney IP right now is Star Wars and Frozen. They tossed up this display, it will eat some people out of lines, and more importantly it will sell tickets to Star Wars..in case it needs help selling its self...Had it been anything other than display cases and wall painting, it would have taken years to build, not months.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So?? There are quite a few walk through museum type things, especially at DHS. Many of the lamented removed and closed attractions at DHS are/were museums. One Man's Dream (oh, wait, that is walt, so it gets a pass), Animation Acadamy (mostly),The Film Institute thing, the Pirates Adventure. We wish Disney was something other than what it is, but in the end WDW is a physical commercial for Disney IP. And the biggest Disney IP right now is Star Wars and Frozen. They tossed up this display, it will eat some people out of lines, and more importantly it will sell tickets to Star Wars..in case it needs help selling its self...Had it been anything other than display cases and wall painting, it would have taken years to build, not months.

You are not getting the context here, It's a nice SW museum I'd like to see it, But in no way does it compensate for the loss of SWW. It's the kind of Museum which should have been part of SWW.

*Q*

I would honestly love to see a Millennium Falcon simulator that is a next gen version of the Mission: SPACE centrifuges. Obviously tune down the G-forces, but same general principle. Make it interactive so that you can actually pilot the Falcon and shoot TIE Fighters.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would honestly love to see a Millennium Falcon simulator that is a next gen version of the Mission: SPACE centrifuges. Obviously tune down the G-forces, but same general principle. Make it interactive so that you can actually pilot the Falcon and shoot TIE Fighters.

This almost makes it sound that it will be something like that..

"These authentic lands will have two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission"

Haymarket2008

I doubt they would put so much trust in an attraction a la Mission:Space. It was....less than successful the first time around. I'm still hoping for the TDL 20,000 leagues ride system.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm simply hoping for a Falcon cockpit with Battle Pod screen on the end of a kuka arm.

...and a very convincing queue with misdirection to make it look like you're really in the big set piece out front.

I want the Spiderman ride vehicle attached to the end of the Kuka arm which moves along a track using the Test-Track ride system and then that whole thing strapped to the Soarin ride system. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom