Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
" two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission" = Spinner

"and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle." - Side by side dueling spinners

;)

hahaha...thanks for this!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
" two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission" = Spinner

"and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle." - Side by side dueling spinners

;)

Sadly I expect that's exactly what we'll see along with around 20 shops selling identical cheaply made junk.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Sadly I expect that's exactly what we'll see along with around 20 shops selling identical cheaply made junk.

Can I ask you a serious question? What do you get out of hanging around here with post after post like this? We have our people who think Disney can do no wrong. We have our people who like Disney but are critical of a lot of the decisions being made (and rightly so). And then we have you where every post is like this, full of non-stop complaints and conspiracy theories. What joy do you get coming here every day with 100% negativity? It is so beyond being critical of Disney, I just don't see why it is enjoyable to you.

Chris82

Aw, come on. I'm a curmudgeon too but I figure Disney won't stoop that low. The biggest risk isn't that they'll go cheap but that they'll go safe and bland, resulting in an expensive-looking attraction that somehow fails to really connect to guests. New Fantasyland is (mostly) a bad precedent, but Cars Land seems more positive - it seems like they can make it awesome. So the question is not will they dump enough money into it, but will they take the creative risks necessary to bring a fantasy to life, not just build a huge corporate advertisement for Episode VII?

As a side note, if they DID make a Dumbo-spinner shaped like X-wings... ... I would ride it :geek:

note2001

Can I ask you a serious question? What do you get out of hanging around here with post after post like this? We have our people who think Disney can do no wrong. We have our people who like Disney but are critical of a lot of the decisions being made (and rightly so). And then we have you where every post is like this, full of non-stop complaints and conspiracy theories. What joy do you get coming here every day with 100% negativity? It is so beyond being critical of Disney, I just don't see why it is enjoyable to you.

I can't answer for ford91explorer, but suggest you look up the definition of Curmudgeon ;)

I for one have enjoyed F91e's input - seems to me they, like many of us, only want to see Disney one day return to the innovative, diverse organization with quality products that they used to be. I believe they used the term 'husk' recently in a post in relation to Disney creating hollow experiences without substance or talent, but portray it as all of the above:

Interesting that after the Lucasfilm purchase SWW got cut way back the last SWW that really rocked was the one in 2012 it seems to be a disease at TWDC everything must be reduced to a husk and the husk used for marketing experiences which no longer exist.

This post really made me think how that is what Disney has done with so many of their products, from television shows, to talent, to the parks themselves. Although, it does seem that these days a conscious effort has been made on Disney's part to turn that around. NFL, and hopefully Pandora and SWL will show the new side of Disney. I may be wrong, but it seems the disease that is zombifying many of Disney's products seems to have a war being waged against it from within.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Aw, come on. I'm a curmudgeon too but I figure Disney won't stoop that low. The biggest risk isn't that they'll go cheap but that they'll go safe and bland, resulting in an expensive-looking attraction that somehow fails to really connect to guests. New Fantasyland is (mostly) a bad precedent, but Cars Land seems more positive - it seems like they can make it awesome. So the question is not will they dump enough money into it, but will they take the creative risks necessary to bring a fantasy to life, not just build a huge corporate advertisement for Episode VII?

As a side note, if they DID make a Dumbo-spinner shaped like X-wings... ... I would ride it :geek:

Your post sums up exactly how I feel about what can happen with SWL, Cars Land only happened because John Lasseter basically used all his political pull to MAKE it happen. I don't think there is anyone of that stature in the Lucasfilm group. As to the X wing spinner I'd ride it too... :geek:

Cesar R M

First off, I meant that this may be the location. You misunderstood "inspired by". Yes, the area will appear in the movies.

Second, how do you know it will not appear in TFA? I've seen speculation of this, but no one can back it up. I was told it was a location from the movie.

That said, that setting seems to get abliterated in the movie, so I doubt it would be the chosen location after all, but who knows...
maybe thats the point of some of the rides? (aka the one where you go around as there is a fight between storm troopers of the imperial fleet vs the new republic?)

Cesar R M

he's pretty much the counterweight for the "disney is a business, so everything is allright" crowd ;)

well, sadly.. they do that in most shops at WDW.
The content is almost the same

Mike S

It doesn't. It has an Indy though.

The SW E should hopefully equal both from what I know.
With all the time that has passed since those rides opened you would think the Star Wars E would surpass them, no? Unless you meant that it would equal both combined in which case sign me up :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom