Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ignohippo

I believe we may have our first shot of the setting being used for the inspiration of Star Wars Land...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

AEfx

I believe we may have our first shot of the setting being used for the inspiration of Star Wars Land...

Nope. The location doesn't actually appear in the new film. It's not inspired by, it's actually a defined location - it will be canon - that will, at least initially, be unique to Disney parks.

AEfx

Considering research has been a major part of my career in academia and industry, I know a great deal about statistical analysis and research methods. and just because you don't like something I say does not make it incorrect.

And from a purely psychological standpoint it would have been better to silently discard the survey after completion rather than telling the person who took the time to actually TAKE the survey that 'Your opinion is of no value to us, Have a Magical Day'

Have you taken surveys from other venues lately?

This has become quite commonplace. It's so they don't waste your time.

I think you may be making assumptions as to the data Disney is trying to gather. Assuming every survey is meant to give an overall view of a topic. If the goal of the survey is to find out what people like about something, for example, if people don't like it or don't care about it, there is no need for them to then answer a bunch of questions that aren't relevant to the data the survey is trying to acquire. Not every survey is a "general public opinion" on a topic - they are directed for specific reasons.

Example, if they want to know what people "like" about a certain establishment, it may have nothing to do with that establishment at all - but development on something else, and they want to find out why the people that like something do, so they can try to replicate that.

I honestly think you are just taking this way too "personally" when in fact, it's meant to not waste your time, and not every survey is meant to be a general poll on anything. The general poll is dictated by how many dollars people spend, in any case.

The Empress Lilly

I guess many of us locals weren't fully aware of the construction until it reached a certain height. Life pre-interwebz, the kids will never know it. I was born on 11/24. I was able to ride it over Thanksgiving weekend that year. Thanksgiving was on 11/27, so I rode BTMRR on 11/28 or 11/29 1980. I'm sure we didn't head over there on Sunday. I'm getting old.
Did you ride Thunder as a four days old?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Have you taken surveys from other venues lately?

This has become quite commonplace. It's so they don't waste your time.

I think you may be making assumptions as to the data Disney is trying to gather. Assuming every survey is meant to give an overall view of a topic. If the goal of the survey is to find out what people like about something, for example, if people don't like it or don't care about it, there is no need for them to then answer a bunch of questions that aren't relevant to the data the survey is trying to acquire. Not every survey is a "general public opinion" on a topic - they are directed for specific reasons.

Example, if they want to know what people "like" about a certain establishment, it may have nothing to do with that establishment at all - but development on something else, and they want to find out why the people that like something do, so they can try to replicate that.

I honestly think you are just taking this way too "personally" when in fact, it's meant to not waste your time, and not every survey is meant to be a general poll on anything. The general poll is dictated by how many dollars people spend, in any case.

I'm not taking this 'personally' I'm speaking as someone who works with statistics DAILY for process control troubleshooting skewed datasets are the bane of my existance. If data is collected only on specific failures (instead of ALL FAILURES) I can't come up with reliable data on how that affects the entire product line etc. It's usable only to analyze that specific CASE yes it provides a product manager information about THAT failure. But it does not speak to the larger case of all failures and how they affect the customer base as a whole.

If I have complete data set I can select the data I want to analyze and also run alternate cases.

Trivial case say you are doing a presidential poll and you select participants based on party Y affiliation, And you say X is going to win because of the results of your poll, This analysis is flawed because you ASSUME party Y is going to win. However party Z has more voters and more energy. If I collected data from both my results will be FAR different and I can STILL conduct the initial analysis with the same result excluding the data elements I dont want at the moment.

If I preselect based on response I have data valid for only a single case, If I don't preselect I have data for all cases.

Bottom line - decisions based on skewed data are often incorrect because they are based on assumptions with no basis in reality.

Phroobar

When the Matterhorn at Disneyland opened didn't they not have an age restriction? I remember seeing a picture somewhere of a woman taking a baby on it. The log ride at Knotts Berry Farm use to have a height restriction that would allow most two year old to ride it.

Ignohippo

Nope. The location doesn't actually appear in the new film. It's not inspired by, it's actually a defined location - it will be canon - that will, at least initially, be unique to Disney parks.

First off, I meant that this may be the location. You misunderstood "inspired by". Yes, the area will appear in the movies.

Second, how do you know it will not appear in TFA? I've seen speculation of this, but no one can back it up. I was told it was a location from the movie.

That said, that setting seems to get abliterated in the movie, so I doubt it would be the chosen location after all, but who knows...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 110

Ignohippo

Sometimes I look at Shanghai and think work has stopped and it'll never be ready for the currently proposed opening. Then I remember how EPCOT looked in summer of 1982.

Exactly! Right?

The work moves internally and everything seems to find to a complete halt.

Then, close to opening, they move to landscaping and paving, which seems like it only takes a week, and it's suddenly a finished park!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Odd placement for that picture but I agree I guess? I certainly hope they are big blockbuster attractions. One of them I hope is on the scale of Spider-Man.

" two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission" = Spinner

"and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle." - Side by side dueling spinners

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom