Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But people still show up by the boat load. So much so that the park seems to be busting at the seems on an average weekday in October. Adding yet another thing to attract more people would make that problem worse.

I would much rather see MK fix its lack of dining space problem and add E-tickets to the other parks to possibly shift the load.

Agreed!

MK desperately needs to fix dining, And E-tickets need to be added elsewhere so the load can be spread more evenly which would make visiting ALL the parks a more enjoyable experience.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is totally misleading and I am not even going to explain why because you already know the answer.

Really - a so called SURVEY which boots you when you give the 'wrong' answer,

That leads to one thing only a biased dataset. If you want to filter for various conditions you do it during the analysis AFTER the dataset has been collected. But I'm guessing you never took statistics in college. But if you NEVER collect the data which is contrary to the desired outcome the dataset cannot be analyzed by someone ELSE and a DIFFERENT conclusion be made.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

That leads to one thing only a biased dataset. If you want to filter for various conditions you do it during the analysis AFTER the dataset has been collected. But I'm guessing you never took statistics in college. But if you NEVER collect the data which is contrary to the desired outcome the dataset cannot be analyzed by someone ELSE and a DIFFERENT conclusion be made.

Wrong...read a book on research methods. Contrary to what you believe, you don't know everything.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

If Disney has internal surveys that are biased towards getting the results they want, why have the survey at all? You don't learn anything. Plus, why not just fake the result? You already know the answer.

JediMasterMatt

Wait a moment... you mean those MM+/FP+ surveys are rigged?

How much did MM+ improve your vacation? A) Extremely B) Very Much C) A lot D) Did, we mention Extremely yet?

Cesar R M

But people still show up by the boat load. So much so that the park seems to be busting at the seems on an average weekday in October. Adding yet another thing to attract more people would make that problem worse.

I would much rather see MK fix its lack of dining space problem and add E-tickets to the other parks to possibly shift the load.
and still makes me facepalm why the hell they keep closing down restaurants..

Cesar R M

If Disney has internal surveys that are biased towards getting the results they want, why have the survey at all? You don't learn anything. Plus, why not just fake the result? You already know the answer.
Its pretty simple George, depends on how fan are you of conspiracy theories.

Let's say those CM's in Management that are way higher up and barely touch the parks.. want to see if the people are happy and the performance is going as expected.. to promote or axe the management that are below them in the parks.
Now, since some Management just cant do crap without hurting the experience (see those who cut cut cut and barely add anything, to keep claiming they "won more money than ever!" and "improved efficiency!").

So, I make a very specific survery that pretty much misleads or leads the guests towards very specified responses.. then you just throw the answers to the higher up management...
The lower management guys who did the survey... end looking like very competent.
Worse when they filter out certain groups just to maintain a skewed percentage.

And since the high management guys barely go to the parks, they might not know crap about such surveys and the lowering quality.
because: a) frontend staff is a filter that gives away FP's and other minimal cost stuff, to reduce dissatisfaction b) lower management doesn't give the whole thing to the higher management c) statistics and surveys can be manipulated.

note2001

I find it fascinating that folk are complaining about an unknown timeline long before the timeline is even announced, meanwhile the Pandora expansion isn't taken up as a comparison to the imagined timeline anywhere.

My opinion: quality takes time. Always has, always will.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
-Star Wars & Toy Story Land- This is what they should have done instead of the TSMM third track or my magic+. And we'd have it already. And theyd have bigger crowds and more $..

Don't you think that the Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Wars and Toy Story Land where all in development at the same time. It was that Disney was able to start the Toy Story Mania new track a lot faster than the others, so way not get it done as soon as possible.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Its pretty simple George, depends on how fan are you of conspiracy theories.

Let's say those CM's in Management that are way higher up and barely touch the parks.. want to see if the people are happy and the performance is going as expected.. to promote or axe the management that are below them in the parks.
Now, since some Management just cant do crap without hurting the experience (see those who cut cut cut and barely add anything, to keep claiming they "won more money than ever!" and "improved efficiency!").

So, I make a very specific survery that pretty much misleads or leads the guests towards very specified responses.. then you just throw the answers to the higher up management...
The lower management guys who did the survey... end looking like very competent.
Worse when they filter out certain groups just to maintain a skewed percentage.

And since the high management guys barely go to the parks, they might not know crap about such surveys and the lowering quality.
because: a) frontend staff is a filter that gives away FP's and other minimal cost stuff, to reduce dissatisfaction b) lower management doesn't give the whole thing to the higher management c) statistics and surveys can be manipulated.

This implies poor structure. If you're job or performance is affected by the survey result, you shouldn't be involved in survey design. Now, for full disclosure, I'm an academic science dork and my wife is a corporate science dork so I have no idea how this kind of thing might work, but I'd like to think it is organized a bit better than this.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's a year now and counting. With a pre fabricated track in an already standing building. Not exactly fast.

Do you know how long BTMRR took to build? I was a kid, but it seems to me it took 9 months or something. Construction started 79/80 in the winter and then it opened late in 1980. My birthday is late November and I remember it opened about a week before my 11th birthday because I rode it as part of my birthday. I should note being a local for my developmental years was beyond sweet.

Anyway, I'm really not sure of construction time, but it seems like it went up pretty fast.

Edit: I found one site on the internetz that said BTMRR took 18 months to build.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I also remember EPCOT didn't take that long. I remember occasional local news stories about the massive cost of the project and the local news stories after it opened about how EPCOT was confusing everyone, but I don't remember it taking that long to build.

EPCOTCenterLover

The end result of the slowness of Disney building GREAT attractions and a lack of genuine E Tickets? For me... No visit to the world in 7 years, and in the four days I was in Florida, Disney got two, Universal one, and the beach one. In the old days- 6-9 days at Disney. If there's more folks out there like me, that is a lot of lost revenue. (And I bought no souvenirs either- a BIG change.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom