Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cesar R M

Even if Star Wars does start construction as announced next year, they won't be ready for rockwork until Avatar is open.

It appears Avatarland will take about 3 1/2 years to finish. I will judge if that is to long once I see the final product. From what we have seen so far it looks like this is going to be an amazingly themed land with a lot of unique features.
what about future "phase II" of avatar? did they ditched that?

Unplugged

Also, don't forget the Toy Story playland is currently going in the back stage area. They could start at anytime they want since most of the location is on BLT.

Agreed, in that they can start anything anytime they want, especially backstage. I was just considering the limited access to DHL for large trucks hauling debris from the demolition that'll be going on. Even those generic buildings on the West back lot area along with all the asphalt will take a bit of maneuvering. Not a big deal if they're serious. Just that I'm not used to them being aggressive enough to start during the Holidays as such.

It'd be nice to see it start sooner than later, just for the satisfaction of those of us watching the projects to know they're serious. I haven't healed my bites from the "skeptical bugs" yet. I genuinely have my fingers crossed for walls though!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Has there been any activity back stage? Oviously there is not any construction equipment but I wouldn't expect that right away anyway. It looks like that their is a few warehouse/office type buildings where TSL is going. Any news if they have been emptied? Have all the props been removed from that section of BLT? I feel like we will know it's happening when these quiet movements start if they have not already!

boufa

I'd be surprised if we didn't see work for SW before then.
The issue with this type of project is to define "work". With the new maps (permits) that came out today, they could do a bunch of work, that is necessary, but is not actually SWL. There are parking lots to build, things to be relocated that might be in the way, etc, etc. Do you mean walls, in a specific are for the actual part of the park that will become SWL, I think October is realistic. Do I think we will see construction work being done prior to that, that is necessary to accommodate SWL, but not actually SWL .. also yes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Me to. I was thinking 6-8 months to focus on tspl and get that going.
Any word on who are the contractors are?

There are three contractors that I can think of that do Disney's big theme park projects...

Balfour Beatty - Currently doing Avatarland and other projects at AK.
Whiting Turner - Currently doing Frozen at Epcot and TSMM at DHS.
H O A R Construction - Currently finishing the hub. They are also the contractor who did Fantastyland.

Even though Whiting Turner is doing TSMM, I am leaning towards H O A R since they currently don't have a big project in the works with Disney. They could also use multiple contractors, maybe Whiting does TSL, and H O A R does SWL and/or infrastrucutre.

lazyboy97o

There are three contractors that I can think of that do Disney's big theme park projects...

H O A R Construction - Currently finishing the hub. They are also the contractor who did Fantastyland.

Even though Whiting Turner is doing TSMM, I am leaning towards H O A R since they currently don't have a big project in the works with Disney. They could also use multiple contractors, maybe Whiting does TSL, and H O A R does SWL and/or infrastrucutre.
Just to add to the list, PCL is doing Disney Springs and also works with Universal and SeaWorld.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom