News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

JD2000

The closer it gets and the more we learn and see, the more I am concerned it will not meet any expectations I may have had, what ever those were.

SuddenStorm

In regards to the Attractions Magazine description of the whole RotR attraction, my imagineering contact said "spot on"
He wasn't 100% sure, but he thought the Kylo Ren in the ride could be switched out with Vader, or whatever, He's gonna check.

If they were to switch it out with Vader, they'd have to switch out each stormtrooper as well, and anything else that ties the ride to the sequel era.

I actually think having it based in the original trilogy would make for a stronger attraction, but the chances of Disney investing that kind of money into the attraction are slim to none.

G00fyDad

Did you think Disneyland wouldn't be packed on the 4th of July even without Galaxy's Edge?

Yeah, I am in touch with reality. ;) I know it will be packed. But there is a difference between "summer packed" and "summer with Star Wars Land JUST opened packed". We're just going to go to Myrtle Beach this year and go to Cali next year for the 4th of July. We had to choose that week because it is one of the only weeks that my son does not have football conditioning or practice and he is out of school. Plus the 4th of July is his birthday and we thought it would be cool to have it at Disneyland.

Phroobar

Am I the only person who thinks it looks and sounds plain, unexciting, and sterile (for lack of better words). Like we're just going to be driving through a Star Wars movie set and have an encounter with someone cosplaying that lame Kylo Ren character.
This would have been better.

Disney-MGM+Press+Photo+09.jpg

Figments Friend

Having just returned from a week long visit to Disneyland, i was able to check out the area since last i was there in September of 2017.

They have made a lot of progress, and the now viable 'alien planet mountain peaks' were larger then i expected.
However, i was pleased to see how those peaks seemed to not encroach too much on the visual aesthetic of Frontierland and blended in better then i expected with the pre-exsisting environment.
The grey color i wasn't too sure of, but now having seen it in the Park both with sun and blue skies and a rainy day with grey clouds it looks decent.

It was not as bad as i thought it might be, although i still cringe at the view from the 2nd lift of BTMR , but that is likely just me.
I will never get used to that...i find it visually distracting and miss just seeing the trees.
Perhaps in 20 years once those trees grow in the view will look better to me.

Still not thrilled about this lands' placement, but i am relieved to see in person that it's not all that noticeable when within the Park itself at ground level.

-

SWGalaxysEdge

Having just returned from a week long visit to Disneyland, i was able to check out the area since last i was there in September of 2017.

They have made a lot of progress, and the now viable 'alien planet mountain peaks' were larger then i expected.
However, i was pleased to see how those peaks seemed to not encroach too much on the visual aesthetic of Frontierland and blended in better then i expected with the pre-exsisting environment.
The grey color i wasn't too sure of, but now having seen it in the Park both with sun and blue skies and a rainy day with grey clouds it looks decent.

It was not as bad as i thought it might be, although i still cringe at the view from the 2nd lift of BTMR , but that is likely just me.
I will never get used to that...i find it visually distracting and miss just seeing the trees.

Still not thrilled about this lands' placement, but i am relieved to see in person that it's not all that noticeable when within the Park itself at ground level.

-
DDD-04.png

mickEblu

-

You should have seen the new berm rocks when they were red before they painted them their current color. They looked really bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom