News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ah did not realize Hux was there. A whole star destroyer without storm troopers in this "giant" building just seems off to me.

I got the impress that the article was trying to say that there won't be actual CMs dressed up as storm troopers during the ride not that there wouldn't be any storm troopers at all.

The rumors were there were going to be AA storm troopers firing at you at certain points during your adventure. So unless something has changed I expect there to be at least a couple AA storm troopers.

Phroobar

I hear all First Order officers on the ride will be women.

CM costume fitting
46693475_285954335605894_8433269097790446884_n.jpg

britain

Right, I think the comment about "The stormtroopers you see in the commercial were just for the commercial" has been mistakenly taken as "There's no stormtroopers in the attraction."

TROR

Rumor has it there'll be "a total of 305 animatronic figures and droids, 50-100 of which are expected to be Stormtroopers." And also the total experience will be "28 minutes long". Also "the attraction will have 18 different show scenes and involve 5 different ride systems."

The source is Theme Park Stop by way of Slash Film.
>Slash Film
So throw this information away

Curious Constance

Ah did not realize Hux was there. A whole star destroyer without storm troopers in this "giant" building just seems off to me.

2. Guests will exit the pre-show ship into a hangar. This will be one of the largest rooms of the entire building, complete with animatronic stormtroopers, TIE fighters and a picturesque view of space. Guests will be told to, “move along,” as they are taken to individual load rooms, themed to First Order prison cells.

Ismael Flores

Has anyone figured out why this is there? We have to assume they will fill in, right? Right?

well im aure its a design element to makenit look like a slan of rockwork is hanging over the rest of the cliff. thenthing is that the supprts hidden towarda the back which are not visible from within the land were not considered when viewed from the elevated deck floor of mark twain.

they really sont need to fill them in, they can easily just camouflage them by painting them a darker color of the rockwork. it would even give the area depth. they are pretty clever when it come to painting tubes and pipese to look like wood shouldn’t be to much extra to do the same to the supports in this area and to paint the building wall behind it as well

Ismael Flores

I got the impress that the article was trying to say that there won't be actual CMs dressed up as storm troopers during the ride not that there wouldn't be any storm troopers at all.

The rumors were there were going to be AA storm troopers firing at you at certain points during your adventure. So unless something has changed I expect there to be at least a couple AA storm troopers.
so something like this but with star wars theme and trackless ride. 😆

Curious Constance

Uggg. I was really hoping RotR was going to be more like PotC and less like Indy. I love Indy, but was really hoping for a leisurely dark ride where I could just appreciate the details of the ride.

Worse, I hate pre-shows where I'm trapped in a room watching a safety video trying to pretend to be something else :(.
I think it might really affect the repeatability of the ride. At least for me it will. If I’m supposed to be part of the show, after a time or two it’ll all just seem corny to me I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom