Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I think the arcade game and whatever Star Tours II will have to offer will be more than enough Pod-racing for me.

I could not agree more. POD Racing was such a stupid part of that movie. The opening sceen to Episode III would be KILLER though.

_Scar

I have a question, a dumb one to be exact: Do you actually rise in Star Tours? I remember seeing a picture of the simulator vehicle, but it was elevated. It probably doesn't and I saw an odd pic, but it's been bugging me ever since.

Also, with all this Star Wars attention and fans that flock to DHS why wouldn't Disney want to put money towards another Star Wars project other than ST2?

hpyhnt 1000

It looks exactly that way. If you are arguing common sense and jumping to conclusions then can't you see there are way more spokes on the right than on the left. It's right there before your eyes!

Okay, let me rephrase, because looking back, both our statements can be taken at face value and be somewhat true.

Yes, in the concept art, it appears that the spinners have different numbers of elephants on them; I acknowledge that. What I don't understand is how a rendering on a piece of concept art automatically leads people to have this assumption (though, the way some people say it, its a fact more than just an assumption) that Dumbo will have one spinner with 10 elephants and the other spinner 15. There is nothing to indicate that! Is it odd the concept art has this idiosyncrasy? Definitely. But that does not automatically mean that it will be like this in reality. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Rasulo is such an idiot... that presentation was on a scale for a new park, when we are getting a makeover that used to just happen every few years to keep things fresh. Star Tours is 23 years old now. It`s a disgrace it has taken this long. Imagine if Futureworld was still stuck in 1986? That`s the comparison.

This is welcome, but is at least a decade overdue.
Well said.:wave:

Too bad he couldn't force choke him. "You've failed me for the last time Rasulo!"
Was anyone else bothered that they DID NOT use Jones' voice? The voice over was horrible, and really really cheap.:shrug:

I have a question, a dumb one to be exact: Do you actually rise in Star Tours?
Yep

imagineer boy

The opening sceen to Episode III would be KILLER though.

I agree, that would be incredible. Except maybe in the new version you could be flying through Rebel fighter ships battling star destoryers before proceeding to the death star. That would be so awesome.

I can understand not using Jones, but geeze, I could do a better Vader than the guy who did it.:lol:

Me too! It was a terrible voice over. They should've gotten the guy who does Chad Vader to do the voice.:lol:

Mr.EPCOT

I could not agree more. POD Racing was such a stupid part of that movie. The opening sceen to Episode III would be KILLER though.

Meh, it was fun diversion from the rest of the movies serious problems. Didn't really contribute anything meaningful to the overall story, though.

I think what I'd like to see is a chase through Coruscant, which may be entirely possible, that preview having shown the planet.

Podracing for Dreamcast = Best thing to come out of the prequels.

I played it some on Nintendo 64, and I had a crappy little Game Boy Color version (with rumble pack!) that's hardly even worth mentioning.

HMF

It looks like the Creative lead will be Mr. Video Screens Rule! Fitzgerald' though to be fair he was writer/producer of the original ride.

The Empress Lilly

Might as well share my wishlist. ;)

- Please no Expanded Universe. That's too obscure. Stick with the movies.
- Movie character AA's in the vehicles! R2-D2 is great. Why not have C-3PO in there as well!
- Emotionally satisfying story-line(s)! The one aspect that I always found the most lacking in Star Tours was the randomness of the storyline. Just a random streak of wrong turns that took you to several Star Wars places and events. No sense of urgency, of accomplishment, of Star Warsy excitement. The story would be so much more fullfilling if you'd be, say, part of the attack on the Death Star.
- Teh wishful thinking bit: have 3 (2 in DL) simulators themed to the Dark Side, the other 3 to the Jedi. (I'll assume the reader of this is as uninterested in other people's armchair imagineering as I am, but how cool wouldn't it be to have a simulator themed to an AT-AT control erm...'head', from which you are witnessing the attack on the seditious rebel's base on Hoth?)

The Empress Lilly

By' definition Star Tours is part of the Expanded Universe.:animwink:
Fair enough. :D

But I'm more thinking along the lines of Clone Wars cartoons, or upcoming television series obscureness.

I want an entire Star Wars fifth gate. On the off chance that this isn't going to happen, and we'll have one attraction only, I'd prefer movie-related movies in Star Tours. I want to sit in Leia's ship, as it's swallowed by a Star Destroyer as in the opening scene of A New Hope! That or some other awesomeness..

Mr.EPCOT

While I agree that there shouldn't be any Expanded Universe heavily based storylines or destinations, I don't think that means there couldn't be EU references. I think that if you saw or heard something about, say, the New Republic, or Leia Organa Solo, the average Guest would get that.

But then, that also brings up what timeframe the ride will be set in, if they even bother sticking to one (which I kind of think they should). Obviously, the prequel era and before probably won't be it because that would flat out exclude any Empire-y goodness. Sometime in the Revenge of the Sith to A New Hope era is maybe possible, having the advantage of bridging the two trilogies, thusly able to depict ships and such from both, but would be anachronistic with the original events of Star Tours ('new' StarSpeeder 3000s, etc.), and no (completed, anyways) Death Star. Most likely it will be set in the original trilogy era or maybe shortly thereafter, but that raises some questions about whether or not there'll be scenes set among battles and such with prequel-era ships, and how they would justify such a thing going on in the 'present'. And finally, there's the New Republic era and beyond, which is almost definitely right out, requiring a lot more design work, and would generally not relate to the average Guest as well. Or, they just won't worry about placing it with canon at all, and you'll be thrown into a variety of events throughout the six movies. You'll take part in the Battle of Coruscant one ride, and the Battle of Endor the next.

Personally, I'd like to see a 'Special Edition' version of original Star Tours scenes thrown into the mix. Wouldn't it be cool to have Rex depart the terminal the right way one ride, and then next time takes that wrong turn into the cargo area (with the Mighty Microscope!), and then it's off to Kashyyk or something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom