Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

SirGoofy

An article published back in May '09 by the Los Angeles Times hints to some of what we might expect from Star Tours II. Here's what it says:

"Our source reveals that the revamp will incorporate prequel characters (like Naboo citizens and Geonosians) along with many aliens from the original trilogy (Aqualish. Bith, Rodians, etc). In the action sequence, the Star Tours vehicle is now going to be chased by Boba Fett. C3PO and R2-D2 are still the hosts, and Anthony Daniels will be recording his parts this week. Admiral Ackbar holographically communicates with the Star Tours vehicle. Right now they’re shooting mostly green screen footage, as it is the middle part of the production timeline."

Here is a link to the rest of the article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/05/star-tours-ride-getting-an-upgrade.html

BOBA FETT!!!!

FTW!!!!

:sohappy:

Testtrack321

Maybe it's just late and I'm slap happy, but wouldn't it have been sweet to have a halloween makeover of Star Tours into something from Space Balls? You know, back when Mel Brooks was working with Disney...

/yawns

Ok bed for me! lol

Raychul

Ugh, not excited about the newer Star Wars influence on Star Tours 2. Hopefully it will only play a small part in the full ride.

I will gladly take "old" Star Tours over Star Tours 2 if it's going to be a majority of 1, 2 or 3 footage.

Seeing what Disney has done with the Star Wars weekends and the Darth Vader dance-off's, I feel confident in trusting them with the new remake. *sarcasm +5*

perry23

Maybe it's just late and I'm slap happy, but wouldn't it have been sweet to have a halloween makeover of Star Tours into something from Space Balls? You know, back when Mel Brooks was working with Disney...

Space Balls is so funny, good idea for a Star Tours special event:ROFLOL:

jonnyc

Do we know when star tours is going to go down? Like early 2010? or is the time period unknown?

And what time will it go back up? I am really concerned about this as I'm going Summer 2010, and Summer 2012, and if I didn't get one more chance to ride the original and then also missed the new one I'd be pretty gutted. :fork:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rasulo is such an idiot... that presentation was on a scale for a new park, when we are getting a makeover that used to just happen every few years to keep things fresh. Star Tours is 23 years old now. It`s a disgrace it has taken this long. Imagine if Futureworld was still stuck in 1986? That`s the comparison.

This is welcome, but is at least a decade overdue.

RSoxNo1

Disneyland's time table is closing in October in 2010 and opening in October 2011.

I would assume DHS would operate under a similar time frame, otherwise it would be a rush job from the end of Star Wars weekends in 2010 to the beginning of Star Wars weekends in 2011.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom